AES, EEI for exporting?

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Joined
Apr 25, 2010
Messages
11,042
Reaction score
17,628
Media
178
Articles
4
Hunting reports
Africa
3
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
Has anyone had to deal with CBP over this thing yet? Last time I asked them they said it was on hold but that was a couple years ago.
 
Want to tell us what the letters stand for??
 
It is all on hold since 2015
 
Automated Export System

Electronic Export Info

It's something CBP was trying to put into place a few years back that made a complicated mess that one was supposed to have to file for an export permit to take a gun overseas and bring back. Last I heard it was still on hold, but earlier today I did see a reference to it on line stating it was required. Went to the CBP website and it didn't really say that there. Interestingly though, it did say that goods over $2500 in value were required and it sounded more like a permanent thing than just taking a hunting rifle overseas. In fact I didn't see mention of guns at all. So I just wondered if anyone had encountered any zealots asking about their ID number.
 
It was fun for me when all this hit the fan back in 2015, I was just getting ready to fly to South Africa for my hunts.

I jumped through all the hoops and got a Federal EIN number and was getting ready to start doing paperwork when I got a call from my Congressman who I had sent a email to a couple of months before. He essentially told me that it was on hold and not to worry about it.

That was the last that I have heard about it until this thread. But every time that I look at my book that has all the draws that I am entered in along with the dates of the hunts it reminds me of what might happen in the future since that Federal EIN number is right up on top in red letters..
 
It sounded like it was a nightmare even for the CBP. Hope it stays on hold for a while,, like forever!o_O:D:D
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,407
Members
169,561
Latest member
DPALorene0
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top