About folding knives

1784042595192.png
 
A case corbon trapper is a every day some times traded out for a stockman if I will be around cutting calfs
And a kershaw assisted opening on my weak side just incase
 
Some of my folders attached. The Victorinox multi tool travels in my pack, it is a bit too heavy for edc. Then the little blue scaled Joseph Rodgers belonged to my dad. I put new denim micarta scales on it as the old ones had shrunk. I keep it in my bedside table.Then the Victorinox Hunter with only one white scale. I have had that for more than 30 years and it has worked hard. I neednto do new scales and smarten it up a little. Lastly, the brown handle is my edc. Honeybadger. So far it has helped me make holes for ropes on one impala.
 

Attachments

  • 20260802_142223.jpg
    20260802_142223.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 51
  • 20260802_142242.jpg
    20260802_142242.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 53
My favorite 6 in chronological order

Buck 112: Got this as a kid in the 80s. Been on many adventures/misadventures. In college, I used it to cut a wheel of Swiss cheese. I swear I can still smell the cheese on it.

Case: That was my edc during my MS work.

AG Russell One Handed Knife: My edc during my PhD work. NW Arkansas knife made sense in NW Arkansas and still does. Love that knife! I still cannot properly operate a thumb stud because I spent so much time with that knife.

Griptilian: My edc for over 20 years. Perfect for me!

Sunfish: I always liked the sunfish design and I picked this up at a gun show probably 15 years ago. I love carbon steel, so this was a good fit for me. One of my heavier folders.

Opinel: I have/had countless Opinels over the years, this is just one of my newer ones. Seriously great knife, don’t let the low price fool you. Those who know, know.
 

Attachments

  • 20260802_152306.jpeg
    20260802_152306.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 48
Man, I wish I could keep a pocket knife longer than four months without losing one! My other folder is a Buck 110 I've had since 1972. The only reason I still have it is because it's on my belt.
 
Some of my folders attached. The Victorinox multi tool travels in my pack, it is a bit too heavy for edc. Then the little blue scaled Joseph Rodgers belonged to my dad. I put new denim micarta scales on it as the old ones had shrunk. I keep it in my bedside table.Then the Victorinox Hunter with only one white scale. I have had that for more than 30 years and it has worked hard. I neednto do new scales and smarten it up a little. Lastly, the brown handle is my edc. Honeybadger. So far it has helped me make holes for ropes on one impala.
That is a right smart collection! Those Victorinox multi-tools are legit, better than Leatherman, in my opinion, but dam pricey. A good friend has 1 & I like it a lot. As much as I lose or break multi-tools I stick to the cheaper Leatherman, Gerber, SOG models, currently have a Rebar ....

That Honey Badger is a dam good folder & good price compared to other stuff, is yours the 8Cr13MoV or D2 steel? I as because my Son was wanting to get, but he thinks the D2 is better?

That *Joseph Roger's folder is stunning! I know it has priceless heirloom, but it is definitely a collectable piece, hope you kept the old scales.
 
Man, I wish I could keep a pocket knife longer than four months without losing one! My other folder is a Buck 110 I've had since 1972. The only reason I still have it is because it's on my belt.

I have a similar affliction ....
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,571,348
Members
169,340
Latest member
YoungBarr1
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top