Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa
Just finished this one and very much enjoyed it. It’s older but not so outdated as to let my interest wander. Lots of names of people and places that are recognizable as well as information that I would consider still very useful. I especially enjoyed the chapter “Berit” about the authors courtship eventual marriage-I read it to my wife and daughter and both sat mortified at the tale, which I loved. Some good photos and stories, a book I wish was much longer. Found mine on Amazon for fairy cheap-i have no association with the author but some of you most surely knew/know him.
EF37E18B-80F6-4455-B9BE-636E8AE5CA35.jpeg

Its a good read, had it for years. Too bad he died so young, heavy smoker I gather.

I was most fortunate to have known Finn and still hear from Berit from time to time. I don't think Finn smoked and if I remember correctly, he had prostate cancer that got him. He was a very nice, polite, non-assuming man and I was glad to have known him.

I didnt know him, but I do remember reading that he died of lung cancer and that he was a heavy smoker, but I cant tell you where I read it, a magazine probably after his passing.
That info may have been incorrect I dont know.

Some years ago I had a rifle exactly like the one he used in Africa, a Waffen Frankonia Mauser in 7x64. Identical to the one he used for plains game, right down to the barrel markings.
Foolishly I sold it some time back and sure wish I still had it.

I have the 3 cd box that was made before he passed, a very good and fine it is. Safari Press have it. He and Berit and kids speak about Norway,Africa, and lot more.

I was on my way to my hunting lease years ago and actually drove within about a half mile of Finn's home so one trip I stopped in for a quick visit. After Berit answered the door and let me inside, Finn was actually in the process of working with a guy to sit down and record his adventures from an early age up through the present. Year or so later, Berit sent me a CD set of his recordings and they are awesome. He was a really unique man and a great guy. After he passed away, Berit had a celebration of life for him at their house in the Hill Country and I was invited to attend with about maybe 20 other people. Met his kids one of whom is in the USMC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SibylLasse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,