A-Frames

Looked on their site. Seem to be out of stock already.
 
Just got a email from Swift that .375X300 are back in stock.
Not sure they are "In Stock" per say, they are filling backorders first. I was told they may not have any left to list on the website after the backorders are filled.
 
I’ve about had it with Swift. Nearly their whole lineup of bullets have been out of stock for a year or more. Meanwhile I’ve found Barnes on store shelves. Frustrating.
 
I’ve about had it with Swift. Nearly their whole lineup of bullets have been out of stock for a year or more. Meanwhile I’ve found Barnes on store shelves. Frustrating.

True, but if I had to kill a buffalo or hippo, an A-frame in the hand would be preferred over a Barnes. Just my preference, but they are excellent and worth the hassle if you can find some.
 
I was able to order .375 300 grain but .338 225 grain still not in stock. I don’t get it.
 
I just got an email saying 270gr is in stock as well. Too bad I spent all my credits at home on 300gr bullets…
+1. Swift wants $74 for a 50ct box of their 150gr., PLUS $18 shipping for one box. Hornady is looking better and better!
 
I got an e-mail this afternoon from Swift saying the .375 270 gr A Frames were available with a big BUY NOW button. Clicked through and no dice... "contact me when available" message.

The last time I got one of their messages, I immediately called and they told me it was a mistake. I think the mistake was mine, shouldn't have bothered. Good bullets, poor service.
 
I got an e-mail this afternoon from Swift saying the .375 270 gr A Frames were available with a big BUY NOW button. Clicked through and no dice... "contact me when available" message.

The last time I got one of their messages, I immediately called and they told me it was a mistake. I think the mistake was mine, shouldn't have bothered. Good bullets, poor service.
I got the same email today along with the one for 150gr .270 bullets. They were both in response to the "notify me" email I requested many, many months ago. I don't know if they're playing us to keep with low production to keep their prices high or what? I'm not playing anymore!
 
I’d still call if interested. But I definitely understand the frustration. I don’t understand how Hornady can be pumping out insane quantities of reasonable quality bullets while Swift seems to only produce a tiny fraction of those amounts.
 
is a very small company with limited facilities.
 
I don’t mean to threadjack, but permit me to wander a bit. The A-Frame in my opinion is probably the finest traditional hunting bullet ever made. Perfect expansion. Incredible wound channel.

In light of that statement and the fact that Woodleigh and other “vintage bullet” companies have serious supply chain issues, has anyone ever contemplated swaging A-Frames to fit odd calibers? E.G. .318WR, 465 NE, 475NE, 303 Brit, 256 Gibbs, etc?

Could it be the solution to forever-available ammo for our British guns would be to simply get a really sweet swaging press and just buy the very best A-Frames and make our own odd calibers?
 
I don’t mean to threadjack, but permit me to wander a bit. The A-Frame in my opinion is probably the finest traditional hunting bullet ever made. Perfect expansion. Incredible wound channel.

In light of that statement and the fact that Woodleigh and other “vintage bullet” companies have serious supply chain issues, has anyone ever contemplated swaging A-Frames to fit odd calibers? E.G. .318WR, 465 NE, 475NE, 303 Brit, 256 Gibbs, etc?

Could it be the solution to forever-available ammo for our British guns would be to simply get a really sweet swaging press and just buy the very best A-Frames and make our own odd calibers?
Wouldn’t it be difficult to retain true concentricity, particularly if the core ends up being not perfectly centered in the jacket. This may not be a concern for large bore/short range work, but it is something that comes to my mind once the distance starts stretching.
I don’t know anything about staging bullets, so this is just my speculation.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,276
Messages
1,571,460
Members
169,360
Latest member
ManuelHood
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top