9.3 S.A. Wildcat

That would be a sweet cartridge in a ruger no 1, what twist barrel would you suggest for it?
According to Berger, a 14" twist is plenty, even for the very long 320 gr Woodleigh PPSN and the 325 gr Norma Oryx. https://bergerbullets.com/twist-rate-calculator/

Somebody here at AH (can't remember who) has a 9.3x62 with a 12 twist and gets better velocity than the standard 14, or at least better velocity than I'm getting.

And honestly, for a canon like this 9.3 is, the only other bullet I'd use is 300 gr A Frame. Not because I don't think the lighter bullets can take it, but because IMO, heavier is better in most circumstances. If you could push a 300/320/325 gr bullet at 2600+, then why not do it?

Last edited:
Nosler Partition 286 gr: BC .482
FWIW, I was going through my Woodleigh manual this morning, totally forgot they make (made?) a 320 gr PPSN, BC checks in at .457.

At 2600 fps and a 200 yard zero, that only puts you about 9" low at 300 yards. That's a pretty good ballistic arc, and still at 3000 ft-lbs of energy when it gets there.

FWIW, I was going through my Woodleigh manual this morning, totally forgot they make (made?) a 320 gr PPSN, BC checks in at .457.

At 2600 fps and a 200 yard zero, that only puts you about 9" low at 300 yards. That's a pretty good ballistic arc, and still at 3000 ft-lbs of energy when it gets there.
3000fp at 300yds, now that's knocking the stuffing out of a critter

This one maybe

The other big bore cartridge in 9,3 range

Attachments

• 366 DGW | Cartridge Collector.pdf
    62.9 KB · Views: 7
I wonder if you can rent reamers for that beast? I do happen to have a no1 action laying around

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DelbertBat

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross