7x57, RL19, 173/175g data please

@fiocchi - swift shows RL19 43.0 gr max load, at 2250 fps with A-Frame 175 gr. As per the engineer I spoke with, their loads are all published for the original Mausers from the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
 
Hi sgt_zim,

I know. But Speer, whose tables for 160 and 175 grs bullets I uploaded, shows another criteria. NORMA and RWS as well. The factory loadings offered by them, always were full power loads. I still have some 173 grs H-Mantel RWS factory 7x57 cartridges from the 70's (those 10 cartridges boxes) and NORMA 150 grs from the 80's whose chronographed velocities are 2550 f/s and 2750 f/s respectively in my Mauser 1935 with a pristine military barrel. These two brands never did any warning about to not use them in "antiques" pre 98 Mausers, like my 1893 DWM original Sporting one! I use the same loads in both rifles without ANY trouble or high pressure sign or any trouble about less duration of the brass in the 1893 one, or any sign of set back locking shoulders in the action. The brasilian, chilean and uruguayan military loads, to be used in their 1894/95 Mausers and their M98 versions were also full power loads.

Best!
 
Hi sgt_zim,

I know. But Speer, whose tables for 160 and 175 grs bullets I uploaded, shows another criteria. NORMA and RWS as well. The factory loadings offered by them, always were full power loads. I still have some 173 grs H-Mantel RWS factory 7x57 cartridges from the 70's (those 10 cartridges boxes) and NORMA 150 grs from the 80's whose chronographed velocities are 2550 f/s and 2750 f/s respectively in my Mauser 1935 with a pristine military barrel. These two brands never did any warning about to not use them in "antiques" pre 98 Mausers, like my 1893 DWM original Sporting one! I use the same loads in both rifles without ANY trouble or high pressure sign or any trouble about less duration of the brass in the 1893 one, or any sign of set back locking shoulders in the action. The brasilian, chilean and uruguayan military loads, to be used in their 1894/95 Mausers and their M98 versions were also full power loads.

Best!

Unfortunately, I am one of those creatures called Sillius lefthandicus. Unless I want to shoot one of the old Mausers the wrong way, I'm "stuck" with modern actions anyway.
 
Have you tried the 156 gr Oryx? 2nd most accurate load in my CZ 550(still MOA) and it hits like a ton of bricks with very high weight retention, run it with 46 gr of H4350.
Have you chronied this?

After 3 months my barnes are still on back order so I've got some 156gn oryx coming in. 4350 in aus is labelled 2209 and is what im planning on running keen for some load suggestions.
 
Have you chronied this?

After 3 months my barnes are still on back order so I've got some 156gn oryx coming in. 4350 in aus is labelled 2209 and is what im planning on running keen for some load suggestions.
No chrono, load is from John Barsness "The Big Book of Gun Gack". Everything I've tried it on gets sleepy real quick.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,310
Messages
1,572,471
Members
169,570
Latest member
185892286
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top