72 hour COVID test requirement

PCR tests in the US typically can be turned around in less than 1 hour. You just have to find a clinic that is set up to do this. In the large cities its pretty simple (I have at least 2 clinics within 5 miles of me that I know of that do a "rapid" PCR test).

The challenge is in the smaller cities and towns where they may not have a clinic at all.. or the clinic may not be set up for "rapid testing".

But if you are willing to drive to the closest major city.. Getting a test with results back within an hour should be no problem..
Are you sure this is for PCR testing less than an hour? I only see rapid antigen tests published for 1 hour or less. I found quite a few same day PCR test results for travel but not anywhere close to western Pennsylvania. Hoping things improve by September but I will make a plan either way.

Please enlighten me. He was a good outfitter for my hunt. Thanks Ed
1615809218459.png

The Niassa area is made up of several R and L blocks devided in such a manner that each block can offer prime hunting and pristine sceneary. The Niassa reserve hosts species like Roosevelt Sable , Niassa Wildebeest , Lichtenstein Hartebeest and Bohems Zebra , all species only found in this region.

I get nervous when they cannot even get the species right.......it is Boehm's or Grant's Zebra....not a BOHEMS Zebra.....

The area has three endemic species - the Niassa wildebeest, Boehm's zebra, and Johnston's Impala.

For the sake of my old parents, I do a PCR Covid test every week, (paid by our government, they can also do something for us for once).
Our PCR tests in Germany are all unsigned and people are flying them to Namibia and South Africa by the dozen.Never heard of any of them having problems with them.
@Edward Dutra-380 miles,over 600 kilometers drive for a simple Covid test !!!
May I ask you this? Do you live on the back side of the moon?

Good one. I live in NorCal but prefer to call it the state of Jefferson. At the time back in November no local testing facility could guarantee a 48 hour result. Turns out no one even asked to see my COVID test results. Cheers

Are you sure this is for PCR testing less than an hour? I only see rapid antigen tests published for 1 hour or less. I found quite a few same day PCR test results for travel but not anywhere close to western Pennsylvania. Hoping things improve by September but I will make a plan either way.
At the lab I'm scheduled, I was told with the PCR, I'd have the results in minutes.

At the lab I'm scheduled, I was told with the PCR, I'd have the results in minutes.
You’re lucky. I was thinking of possibly making a plan to fly to that testing location prior to my trip and fly home again same day if the mail in tests start being questioned. That lab and a couple others around the country come up on google search results pretty quick for travelers. I would not call same day PCR results common yet. I really thought airlines would be opening many quick result testing locations/private labs by now to expand their business, but options definitely exist.

ArcPoint Labs has a Rapid Viral Test (PCR) available results in just a few hours. This is a PCR rapid test (rt-PCR) and not the antigen test. They have many testing locations and an informative web site. Just google for info. Everything I have found on internet searches show that a PCR test is all that is required, and nothing differentiates between acceptance of rt-PCR or standard PCR. Hope this helps.

ArcPoint Labs has a Rapid Viral Test (PCR) available results in just a few hours. This is a PCR rapid test (rt-PCR) and not the antigen test. They have many testing locations and an informative web site. Just google for info. Everything I have found on internet searches show that a PCR test is all that is required, and nothing differentiates between acceptance of rt-PCR or standard PCR. Hope this helps.
Thank you for this. They have western Pennsylvania and eastern Ohio locations. I’ll have to call and find out timeline for results in area.

Question for those who may know!
Is the rt-PCR test acceptable for entry in South Africa? I have found a lab within 50miles of home that offers that test. They guarantee within 12 hours. The regular PCR they say may take up to 60 hours. My date of departure is playing a factor into getting test done in time.

Question for those who may know!
Is the rt-PCR test acceptable for entry in South Africa? I have found a lab within 50miles of home that offers that test. They guarantee within 12 hours. The regular PCR they say may take up to 60 hours. My date of departure is playing a factor into getting test done in time.
Am using Frontage Labs administered rt-PCR test for travelers. It's the only PCR test they list.

Good question. There is a testing facility specific to travelers at the local airport now. They list a Rapid test and a "PCR" test . The PCR so states "Nasopharyngeal swab" and is available on an express basis (24 hour) for $209.

I’m in a small town in TN but there is a medical university close by, they have a drive in clinic and results are given in about 8 hours.

At my local airport (Cincinnati/Northern KY) there is a pre-security testing facility that states PCR Test results within 35 minutes. I plan on utilizing that lab. I'm guessing it is the rt-PCR. It is stated that this is the test that is standard for air travel.
I have a test kit from Covid Consultants also but may save that for my return. Seems as though home test kits may or not be accepted for South African travel in country? Regardless, I planned on visiting a Urgent Care for them to collect my nasal sample by a doctor.

Not sure if anyone has used COVID Consultants yet. I have, did self sample collection yesterday morning. Dropped prepaid labeled box off at FedEx yesterday afternoon on my way home from work. Sample arrived at their lab 9:37 this morning. Results were in my inbox at 7:32pm

A number of international airports here in the States have set up labs for rapid PCR testing. I'd look for it at an airport near you.

FYI. Anyone in the Houston Texas area. ARCpoint Labs has several locations in greater Houston area. They offer the rt-PCR test and will expedite for a minimal fee above normal price and have results to you in 2-3 hours. I know several that have used them and planning on using them myself for upcoming trip.

Just used Covid Consultants for my a family safari a couple weeks ago. They are an overnight PCR test which is exactly what you need. $209 per person. Used them on two occasions in the past year for Safaris and it works as planned. The attending physician's signature is on the results report that is emailed to you by 8pm on the day the test is received by their laboratory. (the day after you mailed it Fedex early AM overnight)

Not sure if anyone has used COVID Consultants yet. I have, did self sample collection yesterday morning. Dropped prepaid labeled box off at FedEx yesterday afternoon on my way home from work. Sample arrived at their lab 9:37 this morning. Results were in my inbox at 7:32pm
Edster how was your trip? The Covid Consultants test was accepted with no issues?
Philip

Just used Covid Consultants for my a family safari a couple weeks ago. They are an overnight PCR test which is exactly what you need. $209 per person. Used them on two occasions in the past year for Safaris and it works as planned. The attending physician's signature is on the results report that is emailed to you by 8pm on the day the test is received by their laboratory. (the day after you mailed it Fedex early AM overnight)
Thanks. I think I will use them for my group.

If anyone is keeping score. I've used Covid Consultants three times thus far to enter Zimbabwe.

1.) No issues in the USA at airport
2.) No issues connecting in UAE
3.) No issues with Emirates as an airline
4.) No issues with immigration upon arrival in Zim
5.) No issue with Covid Consultants turning around their test results as advertised

The less fun part of the trip is the Covid test abroad you get to return home. Be aware, the standard covid test healthworkers administer to you is actually an anal swab, administered via the nasal canal!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SylviaSelf

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!