7.62x39 vs .243Win.?

kristian55

AH senior member
Joined
May 11, 2009
Messages
90
Reaction score
4
Member of
crossbownation
Hi all.
Your opinion whether decides SKS 7.62x39 tasks cal..243Win. on distances 100m.-300 m.?
 
What will you be using the rifle for?
If its for hunting the 7.62x39 would probably be the better option.
 
What will you be using the rifle for?
If its for hunting the 7.62x39 would probably be the better option.
OK.
Ballistics .243Win. a bit worse than ballistics 7.62x54R-fact.

On what distance .243Win. 7.62x39 will recover (100m.-200m.-300m.)?
Absolute decline of these calibers on distance 200 meters practically identically.
Energiya higher at 7.62x39.
P.S.
1.In all of situations we examine a standard bullet for SKS 123gr.-124gr. and 100gr.-110gr. for .243Win..
2."Accuracy? Hunting? Plinking?"-complete comparison.
 
OK.
Ballistics .243Win. a bit worse than ballistics 7.62x54R-fact.

On what distance .243Win. 7.62x39 will recover (100m.-200m.-300m.)?
Absolute decline of these calibers on distance 200 meters practically identically.
Energiya higher at 7.62x39.
P.S.
1.In all of situations we examine a standard bullet for SKS 123gr.-124gr. and 100gr.-110gr. for .243Win..
2."Accuracy? Hunting? Plinking?"-complete comparison.
If you want an accurate firearm the SKS is not what you need. However, Ruger makes a bolt action 7.62X39 and that would be a decent rifle for hunting and plinking. I know a person who has a Ruger 7.62X39 for the neighbor kids to rent and he said that several of them have killed deer with it.
 
Hi friends.
A question is based on a desire to fill a niche between calibers 7.62x39 and 30-06.
In relation to application of this caliber - I search most "universal"
CXP1,CXP2-on long and middle distances and CXP3 on short distances.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,571,385
Members
169,347
Latest member
BerthaGiro
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top