600 Overkill

I am 74 and get regular eye examines because I am type 2 diabetic. My eye doctor says if you have "questionable" retinas, a sneeze could detach them. He also said shooting, even the big stuff, isn't an issue with healthy retinas. He has seen my 600 OK, and my 700 NE, and my 8-bore, and said not to worry.
I can feel my retinas detaching just watching videos of guys shooting those large bores you have. LOL
 
Good evening everyone,

Does anyone know where a 600 Overkill rifle may be for sale or anyone who may have one?

Trying to find one someone may be willing to part with before committing to a new build.
 
I would contact Corey James or Wayne. They might have some insight on who might be selling one.
Good luck to you on your endeavors!
 
Ed Plummer built me a 600OK in the early 2000s. Wayne build me one on a GMA action with an amazing wood stock that I used for Cape buffalo in 2009.
I stupidly sold that to buy my double rifle 600 NE (OK I couldn’t afford the 600NE without selling the 600OK).

A few years ago I got the 600OK bug and already had a MRC PH stainless steel action so had this built by Corey James:


IMG_7596.jpeg
IMG_7603.jpeg
 
BTW, I should add that although the recoil is impressive, it is entirely manageable.

I’ve shot 600OK, 585AHR, 600NE, etc. plenty and as long as you roll with the recoil rather than try to fight it, you can shoot accurately, cycle the action and shoot again mighty quickly and not feel like you’ve taken a punch from Mike Tyson.

That’s with 900gr bullets at around 2,250 fps.

If you use TrailBoss, you’ll laugh your butt off and wonder what’s all the fuss.
IMG_9366.jpeg
 
Yep, That was mine .. I got $4500 for it when it sold at Poulin Auction last month ... That was Wayne Jacobson's (AHR) personal competition big bore. ... Those guys bought 6 of my guns .. real cheap ... and now they are making a big profit.. :cautious:
 
Yep, That was mine .. I got $4500 for it when it sold at Poulin Auction last month ... That was Wayne Jacobson's (AHR) personal competition big bore. ... Those guys bought 6 of my guns .. real cheap ... and now they are making a big profit.. :cautious:
But you were able to off load them in a day rather than spend years trying to sell to individuals for what they were worth. In my opinion that is the ONLY reason to use an auction house.
 
Yep, That was mine .. I got $4500 for it when it sold at Poulin Auction last month ... That was Wayne Jacobson's (AHR) personal competition big bore. ... Those guys bought 6 of my guns .. real cheap ... and now they are making a big profit.. :cautious:
I thought the auction website said that the 600 OK went for $6300? It only went for $4500?
 
IT HAMMERED AT $5000 ... i GOT $4500 ... THE BUYER PAID $6300 WITH THE BUYERS PREMIUM

NOW CABELAS HAS IT FOR SALE FOR $8500
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,305
Messages
1,572,264
Members
169,515
Latest member
RubyeShead
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top