585 AHR?

Daniel Cary

AH legend
Joined
Oct 22, 2019
Messages
2,755
Reaction score
4,046
Location
Michigan
Media
37
If I dare ask, has anyone owned, shot, or know anything about the 585 AHR?
Thank You AH. Regards,
 
Give Wayne Jacobson a call - he should be able to tell you everything you need.

I think it’s a necked down 600 Overkill
 
Are you looking at this? Man, you really do have a big bore addiction. ;) That rifle is beautiful. After I saw the brake in the last picture, I had to go back and see if the barrel is really threaded. He did an amazing job of hiding the threads with a thread protector the same diameter as the barrel and being smooth instead of knurled. Just like Wayne to craft such a work of art.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/908388565
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 8.51.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 8.51.36 AM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 258
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 8.51.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 8.51.37 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 241
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 8.51.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 8.51.39 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Are you looking at this? Man, you really do have a big bore addiction. ;) That rifle is beautiful. After I saw the brake in the last picture, I had to go back and see if the barrel is really threaded. He did an amazing job of hiding the threads with a thread protector the same diameter as the barrel and being smooth instead of knurled. Just like Wayne to craft such a work of art.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/908388565
That seller also has this rifle:
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 8.52.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 8.52.08 AM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 184
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 8.52.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 8.52.09 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 165
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 8.52.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 8.52.10 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 190
Are you looking at this? Man, you really do have a big bore addiction. ;) That rifle is beautiful. After I saw the brake in the last picture, I had to go back and see if the barrel is really threaded. He did an amazing job of hiding the threads with a thread protector the same diameter as the barrel and being smooth instead of knurled. Just like Wayne to craft such a work of art.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/908388565
Indeed ;
It appears really well done, however. Wayne doesn't have nor will they be making the Brass. That would be the last 80 rounds to work with, as far as I know.
 
Give Wayne Jacobson a call - he should be able to tell you everything you need.

I think it’s a necked down 600 Overkill
Correct, it's the 600 OK necked down.
 
Ralf martini has a 585 Nyati he built on his site.

It says less than 50 rounds fired.

I think many of these super boomers have less than 50 rounds fired...
I did see that. He had a Heym I was dearly after, but it's in Canada.
 
I did see that. He had a Heym I was dearly after, but it's in Canada.
I think many buy here and then get it shipped south. I know it isn't too difficult to import from the USA, one company I buy a bunch from does a lot of importing. The difference in the CAD to USD could be enticing for some.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,331
Messages
1,573,212
Members
169,723
Latest member
DominiqueY
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top