Daktari

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Hunted
US: FL, ME
Yesterday I had a wonderful time hunting doves in Florida. It was in the mid 50's and windy but still an incredible experience! Can't wait to make some poppers :cool:

1673810158731.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome!

What shotgun is that?

We had a good last day of dove season yesterday! 14 morning dove and 1 white winged dove. The birds came to a sunflower field in flocks of up to 75 or 100. Limited in about 30 minutes and burned 22 twenty gauge 7 1/2’s.

We had a good last day of dove season yesterday! 14 morning dove and 1 white winged dove. The birds came to a sunflower field in flocks of up to 75 or 100. Limited in about 30 minutes and burned 22 twenty gauge 7 1/2’s.
Outstanding!

Awesome!

What shotgun is that?
1675624350278.png

This was the shotgun I borrowed from them, definitely an upgrade from the Remington 870 I have back home. Its a Turkish Kral over/under in 20 gauge.

Kevin-those are mourning doves and very similar to your laughing doves. What might surprise you is that the African ringneck dove is a common invasive species in the US and there is no limit or season to harvest them. I’ve shot hundreds of them around dairy farms and some farmers crops at the correct times of year-delicious!
image.jpg

here is a picture from my “scrapbook” of some of your doves that I took while in the east cape last July.
I believe they call Alabama “sportsman’s paradise” and for good reason! Poppers sound wonderful, well done sir!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasS111

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!