500 Jeffery reloading problem

dogfog1

New member
Joined
Sep 20, 2011
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Hi all,
I have now once fired all my Bertram 500 Jeffery cases and now find that none of the full length re-sized cases will chamber any-more. I am using the RCBS Safari die set with the No.37 shell holder.

From what details I have been able to obtain about the gun, it was originally chambered for Kynamco ammuntion. I have tried to contact Kynamco for information but the owner is abroad and not contactable.
Unfortunately over here in the UK it is just not possible to fire off a couple of rounds and just measure the differences.
Does anyone any drawings for the 500 Jeffery Kynamco ammunition or chamber dimensions for this ammunition to help me see where the problem is.

Many thanks for any help you can offer
 
if you contact RCBS, im sure they can help. i had similar trouble with my 505 Gibbs FL sizing die and they had me send it back. they did not charge me for shipping or work and my cases feed and extract perfectly now.

-matt
 
Just been on the phone with RCBS and they are are having to speak to their engineers and get to me about it.

G
 
David Little is the man you need to speak to at Kynamco and he will be in Wednesday afternoon.
Good bloke to deal with.
 
Many thanks Jimbob, That was on my list, was told he was out of the country.

G
 
Update,
Sent the sizing Die off to RCBS with 3 fired cases and they said the gun is short chambered and they fix the die cheaply to size cases that will chamber.
G
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,388
Messages
1,574,832
Members
170,179
Latest member
JennieGais
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top