.500 Jeffery/.505 Gibbs Ammunition

Jack1965

Reaction score
Hunted
Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Zambia, Namibia
Looking for .500 Jeffery/ .505 Gibbs factory loads to hunt with.
THANKS!

.500 Jeffery:
- Norma (540Gr monolithic solid)
- Labor Fur Ballistik (535Gr soft point & copper jacketed FMJ solid)

.505 Gibbs:
Norma (540Gr monolithic solid)

Norma used to offer factory loaded ammunition (both soft points & FMJ solids) for both the .500 Jeffery and .505 Gibbs in 570Gr and 600Gr weight respectively using Woodleigh bullets. But with Woodleigh bullets being unavailable anymore (at least for now), they haven't made them in a while.

Swift lists 570Gr factory loaded A Frames & Break Away Solids for both the .500 Jeffery and the .505 Gibbs on their website. But they've always been listing them as "Out of stock" for the last three years and I don't know ANYBODY who actually was able to purchase any.

I've got 505 Gibbs loads.. A box of 10 plus another with 6 Protected Point and a box of 10 FMJ. Norma PH factory loads with 600 grain Woodliegh bullets. They are the fancy Nickle plated cases but the 6 are scratched as they popped out of the feed rails on one of my guns. The trick is to scratch them up with sandpaper or just rub sand on them in the field.

These were darned expensive when on the market and should be worth a lot more today. I'll sell them but not sure what I should ask so send an offer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonathanG

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.