416 Sight In

Catahoula

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I picked up my new to me Ruger No 1 in 416 Remington from the shop on Friday. Mounted a Bushnell 6500 1.25-8 in quick detach rings when I got it home. The weather has not been conducive to sighting in, but I decided to walk out back after deer hunting this morning and have a go. I was fortunate. The first shot with Norma factory 450 grainers was fairly well centered and a little high. A couple of adjustments later, the group in the center of the target below was the result, shot at 100 yards off of a bipod with no rear support. I think it is definitely capable of minute of buffalo!

Ruger_zpsxuthb0at.jpg

Target_zps0nnjg4r4.jpg

Attachments

• Target_zps0nnjg4r4.jpg
    Target_zps0nnjg4r4.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Ruger_zpsxuthb0at.jpg
    Ruger_zpsxuthb0at.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 75
Last edited by a moderator:
nice shooting , no1's are known for there accuracy

why 450g and not 400g ?

nice shooting , no1's are known for there accuracy

why 450g and not 400g ?

Midway had 4 boxes on clearance. I figured I'd use them for sight in and practice then reload the brass. I've got some Federal factory ammo on the way with 400 grain Bearclaws and some 400 grain bullets and dies on the way as well.

Midway had 4 boxes on clearance. I figured I'd use them for sight in and practice then reload the brass. I've got some Federal factory ammo on the way with 400 grain Bearclaws and some 400 grain bullets and dies on the way as well.

I think you may prefer the 400g , good luck

Snow and Cold are conducive to Quick Sight ins

The new standard "minute of buffalo"

The bullets were probably complaining about the temperature. Their contract said "to be used in Africa".
Expect a class action lawsuit in your near future for ammunition abuse.

Nice shooting.

The new standard "minute of buffalo"

The bullets were probably complaining about the temperature. Their contract said "to be used in Africa".
Expect a class action lawsuit in your near future for ammunition abuse.

Nice shooting.

It was a balmy 18 degrees Fahrenheit. They have no reason to complain!

Nice shooting !
Man your sand is white over there ?

My Time is coming, my 404 should be ready Mid January in Minnesota, Either I sit in my Comfy front room waxing the stock til April or venture out in a Balmy -20 degree Sunday to the range

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donnie58Q

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!