416 Sight In

Catahoula

AH enthusiast
Joined
May 7, 2015
Messages
434
Reaction score
614
Media
57
Hunting reports
Africa
2
USA/Canada
1
I picked up my new to me Ruger No 1 in 416 Remington from the shop on Friday. Mounted a Bushnell 6500 1.25-8 in quick detach rings when I got it home. The weather has not been conducive to sighting in, but I decided to walk out back after deer hunting this morning and have a go. I was fortunate. The first shot with Norma factory 450 grainers was fairly well centered and a little high. A couple of adjustments later, the group in the center of the target below was the result, shot at 100 yards off of a bipod with no rear support. I think it is definitely capable of minute of buffalo!

Ruger_zpsxuthb0at.jpg


Target_zps0nnjg4r4.jpg
 

Attachments

  • Target_zps0nnjg4r4.jpg
    Target_zps0nnjg4r4.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 180
  • Ruger_zpsxuthb0at.jpg
    Ruger_zpsxuthb0at.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 198
Last edited by a moderator:
nice shooting , no1's are known for there accuracy

why 450g and not 400g ?
 
nice shooting , no1's are known for there accuracy

why 450g and not 400g ?

Midway had 4 boxes on clearance. I figured I'd use them for sight in and practice then reload the brass. I've got some Federal factory ammo on the way with 400 grain Bearclaws and some 400 grain bullets and dies on the way as well.
 
Midway had 4 boxes on clearance. I figured I'd use them for sight in and practice then reload the brass. I've got some Federal factory ammo on the way with 400 grain Bearclaws and some 400 grain bullets and dies on the way as well.

I think you may prefer the 400g , good luck
 
Snow and Cold are conducive to Quick Sight ins
 
The new standard "minute of buffalo"

The bullets were probably complaining about the temperature. Their contract said "to be used in Africa".
Expect a class action lawsuit in your near future for ammunition abuse.

Nice shooting.
 
The new standard "minute of buffalo"

The bullets were probably complaining about the temperature. Their contract said "to be used in Africa".
Expect a class action lawsuit in your near future for ammunition abuse.

Nice shooting.

It was a balmy 18 degrees Fahrenheit. They have no reason to complain!
 
Nice shooting !
Man your sand is white over there ?
 
My Time is coming, my 404 should be ready Mid January in Minnesota, Either I sit in my Comfy front room waxing the stock til April or venture out in a Balmy -20 degree Sunday to the range
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,370
Messages
1,574,378
Members
170,028
Latest member
UteBzb1171
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top