416 Ruger for under $700

They're down to $609 on gun broker. There are 5 left.

That gunbroker too dangerous... .Too many things I want on it......but being here a long way away I am safe from my bad monkey on my shoulder whispering in my ear.....:E Big Grin:
Now they are offered at $609. It's killing me.

I think the Africans are around
What is the weight on these? I’m in the market but like the 9 pound weight of the Model 70.

7.8 lb is the number Ive seen for the African. That may be the .375 in which case the .416 may be slightly lighter with the same barrel profile.

Picked up the 416 Ruger this afternoon, Model 37169.

Actual weight 7lb 14 ounces, has a 23 inch tube.

Wow, nice deal!!!!

Brass, dies, primers, bullets (200 350gr Speer Mag-Tip), powder (2000-MR & RL15), Lee FCD, 416 Forster pilot and collet, new loading blocks...begin to arrive tomorrow.

More $$ in reloading components than the rifle!

soooooooo jealous right now...

although.. it is Christmas right?

maybe I need to buy me a gift!

:)

It's an incredible deal! I like Rugers in general! I must admit it's very tempting and seductive price.

They have one less than they did.....:whistle:

Nice!

AH has cost me a lot of money the last few years and has provided an avenue for some unforgettable experiences!

Dies and 350gr Speer Mag-Tip bullets came in over the past few days. Wanted to test the feeding and extraction as Ruger was called out as having poor ejection in the Zim PH course, so made up 4 dummy rounds.

The dummy rounds feed and eject properly if I run the bolt slow or as hard as I can, no issues. The feed rails are sharp and have scratched the brass up more than any other rifle I have. It will probably wear in with some use.

You do have to make sure all the rounds are pushed to the back of the magazine, obviously, but it’s a pretty tight fit when trying to get the fourth round into the chamber.

I ran a Lee FCD with a light crimp and it wouldn’t hold the bullets securely with a couple of cycles through the gun. I placed a heavier crimp with the same issue, bullets would get knocked in running through the action.

Solution, pull the expander-decamper out of the die, full length resize, reseat the bullet and apply an even heavier crimp. Ran the rounds through the gun 4 times and they are holding.

Looking forward to touching a few rounds off over the next few weeks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BennettTim

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross