416 Rigby loads

1peggy

AH veteran
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
144
Reaction score
204
Location
Wytheville, VA
Media
5
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Member of
NSSA, NRA Life I
Hunted
Spain, Germany, Zimbabwe, Zambia
I am looking for a good proven load for 400-410 grain bullets in the 416 Rigby using H1000 or H4350 powder. Thanks in advance.
 
As requested

IMG_0362.jpeg
IMG_0363.jpeg
IMG_0364.jpeg
IMG_0361.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I would forget about the H100 (AR2217) and stick with the H4350 (AR2209)

I use 94 grains of AR2209 (H4350) with 400 and 410 grain bullets. All throw to the same point of impact in my rifle. 400 and 410grain soft points 2450 fps 400grai Hydros 2550fps.

The slower powders recoil noticeably harder than the H4350 does.
 
Thanks for all the replies and the pages from the manual. Regards Mike
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,296
Messages
1,570,919
Members
169,051
Latest member
NicholasWe
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top