.375 v .375 H&H

Reckless

AH senior member
Joined
Jun 22, 2013
Messages
62
Reaction score
18
Media
6
Hunted
Africa, Australia, UK.
can a .375 factory round be fired (once) in a weapon chambered .375 H&H?
 
can a .375 factory round be fired (once) in a weapon chambered .375 H&H?

Your question is a little vague. You say a .375 factory round but you didn't say what the factory round specifically is, other than .375. If it's a .375H&H round then you should certainly be able to shoot it in a weapon chambered for the same, but I'm sure you knew that. If the factory round is something other than .375H&H, DO NOT put it in your .375H&H.

There are a few rifles calibers out there designed to handle rounds in multiple chamberings. For example I know you can fire a .458 Win Mag round in a rifle chambered for .458 Lott. That said I wouldn't put a .375RUM or .378 Weatherby in a .375H&H chamber. I don't think it could be done even if you tried. The .375H&H case tapers from wider to narrower from the rim to the neck, part of why it extracts so nicely. The RUM and Weatherby versions do not have this tapered design. Furthermore the RUM and Wby cases are wider overall than the widest point on the H&H case.

Again, with the info you provided my advice is DO NOT do this.
 
If it says .375 Ruger don't use that ammo either!
 
can a .375 factory round be fired (once) in a weapon chambered .375 H&H?

..all factory rounds are fired only once. If it's a .375 Holland and Holland factory round, then fire away. Anything else would be, methinks, rather reckless..
 
Only fire .375H&H ammo in a .375H&H.

If the rifle however is a .375 Ackley Improved it can fire .375H&H, .375 Weatherby or .375 Ackley Improved.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,355
Messages
1,574,022
Members
169,884
Latest member
PamalaHust
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top