375 Ruger Wildcats

@Saul
The 25-375 Ruger would be a real barrel burner plus you wouldn't get a a slow enough powder to get the best out of it.
The 257 Weatherby has a barrel life of around 1,500 rounds the 25 Ruger would be licky to get 6-800.
Bob
Yeap, in this case, you would be better off necking down the 6.5 PRC, because even using the 7 PRC would be detrimental to barrel life.
 
Let’s assume a fellow had a CIP length action that would run a Ruger based 458, say a Kelbly Prometheus.

And let’s assume he wanted to see what the top was for those 300 grain Barnes TSX FN .458 caliber pills those Ultimate smokeless Muzzle Loader fellows have been claiming all these impressive velocities with.

What do you think the top safe velocities would be with a heavy 26” barrel?

I saw this the other day & got to wondering…

 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,291
Messages
1,571,848
Members
169,436
Latest member
Mathewleni
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top