375 Ruger Guide Gun Issues

@LSTEIN458
Have an update on one I had sent in, African 375. Barrel being replaced. Barrel out of specs. Estimated 2 weeks.

Be interested in what you find out on yours.
 
I mounted two scopes recently and the one using Warne rings would not pass the straight and concentric test. Before lapping them. I tried Leupold Warne style and they passed.

The Sako Optiloc passed easily on the Sako Black bear
IMG_7220.jpeg
IMG_7223.jpeg
IMG_7230.jpeg
IMG_7224.jpeg
IMG_7229.jpeg
 
Finally time to update. I sent the rifle off the day before Thanksgiving and received it back from Ruger on December 20th. Ruger in their own words: Reworked Scope Cuts, Refinished, Mount Scope Rings, Polished Chamber, Torqued Stock to Specs. So after getting through the holidays and year end I was finally able to find some time to go out and zero the rifle. The first shoot was 3" left and around 4" high, so with a few small adjustments this rifle was hitting right on target with the original scope and the factory ring that Ruger sent back with the rifle. So I proceed to go into the house and take off that scope and switch to a vx5 2-10 Leupold and Warne QD rings and go back out to the range. Same results with this setup. Rifle was hitting extremely close to point of aim and I was able to shoot a 1" group at a 100 yards no problem.

I am extremely happy with Ruger's wiliness to take the rifle back in and work on it and for the quick turn around. I also am very appreciative that they took the time to polish the chamber the rifle functions flawlessly now.
 
So basically the zeroing problem was because the scope cuts in the receiver weren't alignned properly, but Ruger fixed them?
 
So basically the zeroing problem was because the scope cuts in the receiver weren't alignned properly, but Ruger fixed them?
That is what I get from reading the sheet they sent back with the rifle. They did also send different rings back with the rifle that they had mounted so I used those when testing the original scope.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,305
Messages
1,572,264
Members
169,515
Latest member
RubyeShead
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top