Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA, RMEF
Hunted
US (Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Colorado, Nevada. Canada (British Colombia), South Africa (Eastern Cape)
As of this morning Midway had the Barnes 338 Win mag with the 225 Barnes TTSX available for $73 for a box of 20.

A friend tried to buy them out of them but there were still available right now.

Attachments

• Barnes VOR-TX 338 Winchester Mag Ammo 225 Grain Barnes Tipped.pdf
    753.2 KB · Views: 10
THANKS for the heads up! TWO box limit. I just bought two. Haven't seen these at that price (or mostly ANY price) anywhere in FOUR years! @JimP buy two boxes as they won't fit in your .340 WEATHERBY MAGNUM and I'll pay you for them when you deliver them to me. COD. LOL

Last edited:
My friend had his wife, brother, and father in law buy some for him. And I wouldn't put it past him to get some of his coworkers to do so.

When I saw them in stock at Midway I checked Barnes site and they didn't have any. I haven't looked at any other site since I don't need them.

I got a "notify me" ping from Swift a couple of weeks ago that they had their loaded 250gr. A Frames in .338WM for $129/box. At that price they can keep them! They had been $102/box awhile back.

I've picked up enough Barnes 338 225grain TTSX bullets to last me a very long time.

I also resupplied my other calibers that shoot them over the last few months, so I think that I am set.

I even found another thousand primers in my old reloading room closet, along with a few other surprises that I can use.

At the most I might need some powder in 2 or 3 years.

Thanks! I bought 5 boxes overpriced on an auction a few months back. But bought 2 more just to have at that price!

I just received my two boxes from Midway. It's Barnes stamped brass too. A Barnes rep emailed me over a year ago after I asked about the .338WM cartridge shortage and stated they were having a difficult time sourcing the brass for that cartridge at that time. I guess they've sorted it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TobyYjd041

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.