300 Hoffman

cwhuntsalot

AH veteran
Joined
Dec 18, 2022
Messages
113
Reaction score
131
Location
Redwood Coast California
Website
ammoguide.com
Media
10
Member of
NRA Patron Life, NAHC Life, SCI, RMEF
Hunted
South Africa, Argentina, Norway, Korea, England, 4 Canada Provinces, 2 Mexico States, 12 US States
Does anyone have some load data for the 300 Hoffman? I've acquired some brass to use on my display boards and decided I'd like to build one. Is there some other cartridge close enough to it to use as a starting point? I plan to use North Fork 180 or 200gr Semi Spitzers. 3000fps is attainable with 200gr in a 300 Win Mag so I was thinking I could maybe get 3200fps with 200s and maybe 3400fps with 180s.
 
From my understanding it’s kind of a “improved” 300 H@H. It would be simpler to buy a 300 weatherby magnum, but I understand sometimes it’s not about simple.
That’s how I understand it as well.
In improving the 300H&H they invented what more or less became the 300 Win Mag 40 years later.
I would think that 300WM data is perfectly suitable to the Hoffman.
I too have some 300 Hoffman brass and even some original ammunition boxes so some day maybe a genuine Hoffman rifle will come along.
IMO, Hoffman made the best bolt actions (Mausers) in America!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,303
Messages
1,572,210
Members
169,509
Latest member
MonikaEdge
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top