275 Rigby Takedown

Hello, All,
a couple of years ago I was fortunate enough to add a wonderful John Rigby to my collection. This is a special gun to me as it has some unique features. As most of you know, a takedown version isn't easy to come by, much less an intermediate single square bridge version. the SN is 5217 (ca. 1924). Thought you might like to see it.
Hello Paul

Beautiful riflle, you had a real chance.

I am much interested in viewing photos of the metal metal plates of the take down system....

I have seen locally a modified mauser rifle, made Take Down. the barrel is screwed, and the front plate has a bearing ball with a spring, that slots into a concave hole. But the system is not stong, and when firing, you can feel movement on the barrel and hand guard...

I would like to see the lock mechanism, and see if my friends rifle can me enhanced.
 
Beautiful rifle. I really like the bolt mounted peep sights on these Rigby rifles!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,317
Messages
1,572,717
Members
169,606
Latest member
KarenRohr1
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top