.270 build - stock maker

Wduryea

New member
Joined
Feb 6, 2024
Messages
11
Reaction score
15
I’ve got a model 70 and I’d like to replace the standard stock with a nice piece of walnut. I’m in Illinois - having a heck of a time finding a stock maker, would prefer a maker who could source the walnut and help me avoid making mistakes. Anyone have stock maker recommendations or best practices for acquiring a blank and turning it into a stock?
 
I got a guy for you... he built me a very nice 35 Whelen on a Springfield action. Let me dig up his number and send some pics of my rifle. He's also very reasonable considering the work that goes into stockmaking.
 
I got a guy for you... he built me a very nice 35 Whelen on a Springfield action. Let me dig up his number and send some pics of my rifle. He's also very reasonable considering the work that goes into stockmaking.
Please post the pictures.
 
20260404_205407.jpg
20260404_205341.jpg
20260404_205311.jpg
20260404_205252.jpg
20260404_205242.jpg
20260404_205252.jpg
20260404_205242.jpg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,439
Messages
1,576,361
Members
170,562
Latest member
MavisWoods
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top