22 LR Ammo

Grady

AH enthusiast
Joined
Jan 5, 2013
Messages
264
Reaction score
205
Media
32
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Member of
SCI, NRA, IHEA
Hunted
US, Germany, RSA
Why would someone start a thread about 22LR on a site dedicated to hunting in Africa?:confused: It is definately not becasue I would use it on my next safari, but I thought this would be interesting because most of us started shooting the 22LR as our first hunting rifle before moving up the the 458 Lott and bigger.


So here are the questions:
Is the shortages coming to an end for 22LR anytime soon?
What about the powder shorages for reloading?
Are others seeing the same problems in other countries? (shortages, higher prices, hoarder)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I know that my stash of 22 LR has gone down by about three thousand in the past year, and not from shooting!

Friends and co-workers have been kept shooting despite the lack of retail availability. This is one of the reasons for my stash (which I have maintained at least for the last 10 years, not a recent hoarding phenomenon).

I personally will not resume shooting my usual 2,000 rounds per year until I feel certain that availability is back to more or less normal.

Powder is still very tight in the places I normally check. I have quite a bit...but no Reloader 22 or 25, of which I would buy 8 pounds of each, given the chance!

I do not think this is near over.

Tim
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,292
Messages
1,570,767
Members
169,011
Latest member
JoieC46335
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top