2023 DSC South Texas

wesheltonj

AH ambassador
Joined
Feb 11, 2015
Messages
5,822
Reaction score
11,833
Location
Texas Hill Country
Media
40
Articles
7
Hunting reports
Africa
6
Europe
1
Member of
Benefactor-Life NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC
Hunted
USA, RSA, Zambia, Tanzania, Croatia, Slovenia, Spain
April 1 was the DSC South Texas Chapter Gala and it raised a lot of money for conservation. One auction item in particular all the auction proceeds for that item went to Buffalo Kloof Conservancy, where the winner get to "Adopt" a female Black Rhino and participate in the translocation. Winner also received a Buffalo to harvest. The winning bid was 500k USD!

I bid on a couple of items a 10 day Buffalo Hunt in Tanzania which sold for 25k USD but not to me. The other item was a Pamir Ibex in Tajikistan which sold for 5500.

Another item was a Leopard hunt in Namibia sold for 41K.

I saw Chris Sells who had a table set up with a HEYM 88b, 89b and a bolt rifle. The guy that was with him was trying to sell me the 89b in 450/400. I passed on that opportunity.

I don't know what the total was raised this year, but 500K on one item, tells me it was a lot.
 
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,281
Messages
1,570,500
Members
168,894
Latest member
CharlineLy
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top