Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
I had a coon as a pet, and I learned a lot about them. They are extremely intelligent and clean, they wash their food before eating it. She would follow me around like a puppy, and slept on my bed. Anytime my dad walked in, she would run up his legs and bite him on the ass, every time lol

As she reached breeding age, her temperament started changing. I was the only one that could mess with her at that point. Anyone else got near her cage and she turned into the incarnation of evil. I released her, because at the time, my county didn't allow to have them spade. Now it's different.

A full grown bore can whoop 3 dogs and walk off. So my hats off to the man he grabbed one with his bare hands. They have a thumb like us, so I'm surprised it let go of him lol
Bobcats have thumbs!?

Cleveland48

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
I had a coon as a pet, and I learned a lot about them. They are extremely intelligent and clean, they wash their food before eating it. She would follow me around like a puppy, and slept on my bed. Anytime my dad walked in, she would run up his legs and bite him on the ass, every time lol

As she reached breeding age, her temperament started changing. I was the only one that could mess with her at that point. Anyone else got near her cage and she turned into the incarnation of evil. I released her, because at the time, my county didn't allow to have them spade. Now it's different.

A full grown bore can whoop 3 dogs and walk off. So my hats off to the man he grabbed one with his bare hands. They have a thumb like us, so I'm surprised it let go of him lol

Yes they are the closest thing to a grizzly bear there is in Mississippi . I’ve known a few people who had one as a pet when I was younger. They are very intelligent animals. I’m not sure about now but back then it was apparently illegal to have one as a pet because once the game warden found out they were forced to release them back in the wild.

lwaters

Bronze supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Texas,Namibia,Kansas, Missouri, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho, South Africa, New Zealand
I had a lot of coons as pets. They eat the cat food. Tear up my wife's flower pots. Will tear into any feed sack. About as bad as monkeys. I now only let the cats have food in the daytime. Oh and have to have an electric fence around my sweet corn. I can put up with possums. They actually do some good.

Cleveland48

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
I had a lot of coons as pets. They eat the cat food. Tear up my wife's flower pots. Will tear into any feed sack. About as bad as monkeys. I now only let the cats have food in the daytime. Oh and have to have an electric fence around my sweet corn. I can put up with possums. They actually do some good.

Raccoons are terrible on the corn crop. When I was probably 10 or 12 my dad bought me a bunch of traps to set out and run. When it came to his corn crops it was war on coons lol.

Viral_SIGness

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
I meant an actual pet. My uncles had coon dogs, and had caught some live ones for training. One was a pregnant sow. I took a baby from it after they weaned. I'd love to have another.

Gunnie

AH member
Reaction score
Media
If you've ever had a house cat take to not liking you imagine it being three times that size so not pleasant I'd say. I've got one in my living room.
0623295D-B540-4437-9562-39AA84FC3139.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aqwsd4785

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

pam308 wrote on TOBY458's profile.
Just saw your listing for a winchester 70 458. Is it still for sale? I want it!!! pam308
flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?