Tanzania Leopard Hunt Need Advise

giussepebergomi

Reaction score
Deals & offers
I found a booking agent offering a leopard hunt in Tanzania (Khaudum North) for 8000 euros. It is a cancellation hunt and the price is 8000 euro for 16 days. The price seems great, any thoughts?

Giussepe,
Welcome to the forum. Maybe it will be wise to post the details of the Outfitter here. Maybe there are some of the forum members that have used them and could give you some feedback on the operation.

Best Regards
Marius Goosen

Giuseppe,
I imagine that the agent is a serious men. However ask about the outfitter and obtain references. A Tanzania's leopard hunt normally costs four times

Giuseppe, I am the holder of a concession called Khaudum North, and it is not in Tanzania, but in Namibia. I am the outfitter for this area, and mostly the PH as well. I am not trying to bypass an agent, I would be glad if he sold the hunt, but there seems to be a few discrepencies to what I offered to some of my agents and what you are stating here?

Who is the agent selling the hunt? Is the Euro 8000 just for dayfees? What is included in the stated amount and what not? I certainly cannot offer an all inclusive leopard hunt (trophy fees, dayfees, transfer, baits) for that price. Maybe there is an area in Tanzania with exacly the same name?

I looked at the website, it's pretty fancy. I know you asked about the leopard hunt. My two cents, if ask to talk to the outfitter to see if the hunt is what is advertised and there prices for everything, before you book, and sign a contact detailing what is involved and all hidden cost...most of reprehensible companies do that to cover there butt from lawsuits. And maybe buy trip insurance.

And since Karl is Namibia, and is world class outfitter...his two cents...mean a lot to me.

this booking agent was recommended by a very reliable source. I already signed a contract with them for the leopard today and I will send the payment tomorrow. Tx for your help.

I wish you the best of luck, sure would like to hear how the trip goes. This stuff always interests me!

Giuseppe, I hope you have not send them money.

I had a look at their offer on the website link you have posted, (even though I am in the bush and my connection is ultra slow) and the offer is in my area IN NAMIBIA.
What is more, it is the exact wording of my show special that I had on my website in the beginning of the year, so they where obviously advertising my hunt.
The spooky thing is, I do not know them, or the client or the PH standing with a leopard on the photo next to the ad.
Now it may be an agent that is working with someone I know, so his/ her offer may have been legitamite though someone else, but the fact that I have not been contacted by them in the mean time, suggest otherwise.
Also, this hunt is not available any more, and has been sold...
So buyer beware....

Oh Oh...something smelly here,and it's not my favorite type of smelly..!

Thanks for posting Karl! Unless someone paid a deposit and had to cancel his or her hunt. I have to say buyer beware too...I try to warn people too good to be true offers...are just that most of the time :(.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarmellaSe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg