Tanzania Leopard Hunt Need Advise

Discussion in 'GREAT DEALS on Hunts Worldwide' started by giussepebergomi, Mar 19, 2011.

1. giussepebergomi

giussepebergomi New Member

I found a booking agent offering a leopard hunt in Tanzania (Khaudum North) for 8000 euros. It is a cancellation hunt and the price is 8000 euro for 16 days. The price seems great, any thoughts?
  2. KMG Hunting Safaris

KMG Hunting Safaris SPONSOR AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    PHASA ; SCI ; DSC ; Eastern Cape Game Management Association ; PE Pistol and Rifle Club
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Namibia, New Zealand
    Giussepe,
    Welcome to the forum. Maybe it will be wise to post the details of the Outfitter here. Maybe there are some of the forum members that have used them and could give you some feedback on the operation.

Best Regards
    Marius Goosen
  3. marion

marion AH Member

Giuseppe,
    I imagine that the agent is a serious men. However ask about the outfitter and obtain references. A Tanzania's leopard hunt normally costs four times
  4. Karl Stumpfe

Karl Stumpfe AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NAPHA, SCI, DSC, SAHCA
    Hunted:
    Namibia, Zimbabwe, RSA, USA
    Giuseppe, I am the holder of a concession called Khaudum North, and it is not in Tanzania, but in Namibia. I am the outfitter for this area, and mostly the PH as well. I am not trying to bypass an agent, I would be glad if he sold the hunt, but there seems to be a few discrepencies to what I offered to some of my agents and what you are stating here?

Who is the agent selling the hunt? Is the Euro 8000 just for dayfees? What is included in the stated amount and what not? I certainly cannot offer an all inclusive leopard hunt (trophy fees, dayfees, transfer, baits) for that price. Maybe there is an area in Tanzania with exacly the same name?
  5. giussepebergomi

Check out the cancellation offers on this booking agent!!

They have some nice cancellation offers. HuntLocation
  6. enysse

enysse AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
    I looked at the website, it's pretty fancy. I know you asked about the leopard hunt. My two cents, if ask to talk to the outfitter to see if the hunt is what is advertised and there prices for everything, before you book, and sign a contact detailing what is involved and all hidden cost...most of reprehensible companies do that to cover there butt from lawsuits. And maybe buy trip insurance.

And since Karl is Namibia, and is world class outfitter...his two cents...mean a lot to me.
  7. giussepebergomi

this booking agent was recommended by a very reliable source. I already signed a contract with them for the leopard today and I will send the payment tomorrow. Tx for your help.
  8. enysse

enysse AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    I wish you the best of luck, sure would like to hear how the trip goes. This stuff always interests me!
  9. Karl Stumpfe

Karl Stumpfe AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NAPHA, SCI, DSC, SAHCA
    Hunted:
    Namibia, Zimbabwe, RSA, USA
    Giuseppe, I hope you have not send them money.

I had a look at their offer on the website link you have posted, (even though I am in the bush and my connection is ultra slow) and the offer is in my area IN NAMIBIA.
    What is more, it is the exact wording of my show special that I had on my website in the beginning of the year, so they where obviously advertising my hunt.
    The spooky thing is, I do not know them, or the client or the PH standing with a leopard on the photo next to the ad.
    Now it may be an agent that is working with someone I know, so his/ her offer may have been legitamite though someone else, but the fact that I have not been contacted by them in the mean time, suggest otherwise.
    Also, this hunt is not available any more, and has been sold...
    So buyer beware....
  10. DOC-404

DOC-404 AH Elite

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Namibia, Angola, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Poachers.
    Oh Oh...something smelly here,and it's not my favorite type of smelly..!
  11. enysse

enysse AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    Thanks for posting Karl! Unless someone paid a deposit and had to cancel his or her hunt. I have to say buyer beware too...I try to warn people too good to be true offers...are just that most of the time :(.