Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
USA, Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
President Obama to invest $10 million into ivory and rhino horn poaching crisis
President Obama will launch a new initiative aimed at combating illegal wildlife trafficking, according to White House officials.

Using his executive authority, Obama will convene a Cabinet-level task force composed of the State, Interior and Justice departments that will be charged with devising a national strategy to curb the illegal trade of wildlife across the globe. The initiative also will include $10 million specifically earmarked for addressing poaching in Africa, particularly of rhinos and elephants.

Full story – Washington Post

Interesting.... The devil will be in the detail, as always.

has he did this yet,or just talking???

I got a feeling this 10 million will have something to do with import export permits and enforcement.

I got a feeling this 10 million will have something to do with import export permits and enforcement.

How do you figure? Not disputing, I just don't see where you sre going with that?

What permitting would there be to give money to enforce ans how would that be related to poaching?

Now I admit, part of my problem understanding may be that I'm thinking logically when Obama is involved. :)

Royal27,

Part of it is that it is completely illogical.

Here is I am guessing the conversation went.

Obama: we need to stop poaching
Advisor: we could give them 5 million to create a database of all ivory and horns. With this they could pass laws, regulations, and to better enforce import/exports.
Obama: More regualtions, imagine the laws they can pass with 10 million.

In my opinion I seriously doubt anything good will come from this. Think of like this, the USA govt is investing 10 million in South Africa for poaching...why? There is a reason and I doubt it will be help hunters.

Royal27,

Part of it is that it is completely illogical.

Here is I am guessing the conversation went.

Obama: we need to stop poaching
Advisor: we could give them 5 million to create a database of all ivory and horns. With this they could pass laws, regulations, and to better enforce import/exports.
Obama: More regualtions, imagine the laws they can pass with 10 million.

In my opinion I seriously doubt anything good will come from this. Think of like this, the USA govt is investing 10 million in South Africa for poaching...why? There is a reason and I doubt it will be help hunters.

I laughed when I read this as I can see the conversation happening with Obama! :E Horrified:

Agree on there having to be a reason. Like I said, the devil will definitely be in the detail.

Yeah I'm way to cynical haha hopefully there will be good news and I will be proven wrong.

I hope you are too, but I'm not betting against you either....

The idiot also through a crapload of money at AIDS/HIV in Africa..... It has done nothing, but line pockets.

1o mill sounds like a lot. It will impress but it will not help in any way. It is for the Democrats to say "Look what we did"

one more way for Obama to abuse his executive powers to do something without approval from congress. With MY MONEY. the only "good" that may come from this is they say it opens the doors wider for the next president.

Just pray that POSITIVE side comes of this?????

IMAGINE... that's currently R150 million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bruce, he spent almost double that upgrading his security, building a fire pool and a chicken coup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gowest

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.