New guy from the PNW

RETD16

AH veteran
Reaction score
I have always dreamed of going to Africa. I expect that most if not all of Africa is closed to hunting because of COVID. I'm looking forward to hunting Africa in the future.

There are still people going to Africa at the present time. Flights can be an issue, but you can definitely go hunt.

Giday RETD16 and welcome to the A H forums

I have always dreamed of going to Africa. I expect that most if not all of Africa is closed to hunting because of COVID. I'm looking forward to hunting Africa in the future.

Hello RETD16,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Africa is wide open for you, right now. We've just had a hunter and have another coming next week. Flights are more restricted but plenty enough to get you here in style.

Hello and welcome!

RETD16, welcome to the forum! Lots of excellent info on here to help you go on your first Africa adventure!

Hello & Welcome @RETD,

As others have mentioned, Africa is open for business and we at Limcroma Safaris have been welcoming North American guests since early March. All of the reputable, well-established African outfitters are taking every measure possible to ensure the safety and health of their guests during their stay.

The current requirement for US citizens traveling to South Africa is for you to have a negative PCR- Covid test within 72 hours of your arrival. The same requirement will be necessary for you to re-enter the USA, and we have several convenient options we are using to get our guests tested for their departure back home that will not interfere with your safari time.

Furthermore, if you can plan your travel for this season, there are some great deals and specials to be had offered from many of the very reputable outfitters represented here on the AH.com. site. I have listed one of ours in the link below... Please feel free to pm, email, or call my cell if you have any questions.

Welcome aboard RETD 16. Please tell us a little more about yourself as a hunter. things like what have you hunted in the past, what kind and caliber rifles you own, do you reload.

Welcome to AH. Enjoy the friendship.

Welcome aboard RETD 16. Please tell us a little more about yourself as a hunter. things like what have you hunted in the past, what kind and caliber rifles you own, do you reload.
My rifles that I have for big game hunting are both Remington KS Mountain Rifles. One in 25-06, and the other in 338 Win. Mag. Right now I’m in the process of purchasing a Dakota Traveler in 416 RM. I’ve hunted deer, elk, and javalina. That was when I lived in AZ. I also love to hunt dove and quail. Now I live in WA State and mostly hunt waterfowl. I want to start big game hunting again. I miss it!

I used to reload quite a bit, but now I really can’t find the time. Also, it’s obviously difficult to find components for hand loading right now.

Hello fellow bird hunter! Lots of good info here and Africa is a “must do!” I’m glad I took that leap and looking forward to going back, so many species and so much wonderful country, can’t get enough.

Welcome to AH! As you can see, Africa is open for hunting.

Welcome to AH !

RETD 16, once you get your 416 Remington Mag, you will be all set for hunting Africa. I know several guys that have taken Cape Buffalo with their 416 RM. Reloading components are scarce at the moment, but I'm sure they will become more available in time.

Welcome to AH RETD16!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpattern007

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.