Looking For Recommendations for Elephant

Hello everybody
I´m starting to do my research for elephant hunting next year (august). So far I´ve been offered a hunt in Zambia, 21 full days, in a concession near Kafue (i think). Thpe price is U$ 100.000, which I consider to be expensive. But I´m not sure of that right know. I hunted with that PH last year in SA, I have an excellent opinino of him but would like to do a bigger research for this hunt.
I´m looking for recommendations of a traditional stalking hunt, in big areas with sustainable herds. For me and my brother is more imprtant how the hunting is done than size of the trophy. That being said, we look forward for tusks around 40 lbs.
looking forward for recommendations, I ve sent a couple of messages for outfitters that are in AH, but I want to know what country is best right now
Best regards
Just took mine two days ago. $100,000 for 40 pounds. no thanks!!!! For that budget I would go to Botswana and target 60-70 pounders and you might get lucky with something bigger but luck plays a big role

I would contact Willie with Legadema Safaris to hunt on their concession in Mozambique.

No shortage of elephant, and I'd bet his price would be better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speak wayne from nyamazana and martin pieters both from zimbabwe

Hello everybody
I´m starting to do my research for elephant hunting next year (august). So far I´ve been offered a hunt in Zambia, 21 full days, in a concession near Kafue (i think). Thpe price is U$ 100.000, which I consider to be expensive. But I´m not sure of that right know. I hunted with that PH last year in SA, I have an excellent opinino of him but would like to do a bigger research for this hunt.
I´m looking for recommendations of a traditional stalking hunt, in big areas with sustainable herds. For me and my brother is more imprtant how the hunting is done than size of the trophy. That being said, we look forward for tusks around 40 lbs.
looking forward for recommendations, I ve sent a couple of messages for outfitters that are in AH, but I want to know what country is best right now
Best regards
Dalton & York have a big quota for these smaller type bulls in Maninga. I don't know the price.
I know Wayne here on AH offers some great deals in Zim as well.
You are right to do your research. There is a wide range of hunts. They vary from tuskless cows and non-exportable bulls all the way up to the Botswana premium hunts that can go even higher than you mention.

In luangwa you could do a tuskless for usd 30,000.00 or a trophy one for usd 50,000.00.....can't say anymore than that as not allowed to due to site rules for outfitters..phs etc ...but can be done cheaper than your other price you were quoted

100k???? Botswana......chance of a 100 pounder forget the rest......

Tuskless can be done for 15-16k…non-trophy about the same. Both in Zim. Exportable ivory hunts are typically high 20k on a special to low 6 figures for the best areas.

Hello everybody
Best regards
OP lots of people have chimed in …. What exactly are you looking for? What other animals do you also want available? Where other animals included in your quote?

IMO if you are comfortable spending $100k on an Elephant Hunt you should look at Botswana in an area producing 70#+ or look towards Tanzania and consider a full bag hunt. Might also include an area in Namibia too. There’s a handful of outfitters I’d reach out to if I had that budget for a hunt.

Hello everybody
Best regards
You should consider Lategan safaris - Bennie he has some videos on YouTube. That’s who I’ll book and elephant hunt with when the time comes

Bennie Lategan guided me on my last ele hunt in Sept/Oct. We took a 50 # along with a lot of other excellent trophies.

Hello everybody
Best regards
Good day sir

JKO Safaris will gladly provide you with more information hunting elephant with us either in Botswana or Zimbabwe.
If you want to hunt elephant alone, Botswana will be a good choice.
Should you want to take other species as well we would recommend Zimbabwe. We can help you in Matetsi Unit 6, very good and beautiful area with big elephants. Please let me know if you are interested in more information and a quote.
Best Regards

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grat

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.