Judging Waterbuck

Not a lengthy boy @ 23 inches but massive bases and secondary growth and thick weighted horns ,bases almost touches this was only reason i took him.

IMG-20220702-WA0021.jpg
IMG-20220702-WA0042.jpg
IMG-20220702-WA0052.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
c5f8f813-fc43-417a-9815-452cfd051964.jpg

IMG_3633.JPG

690698cf-9166-4ed8-9dd1-c573b9c8c47c.jpg
IMG_0417.JPG

I was hunting Bushbuck along the Limpopo & on the fence around where I was staying was this head, shot by a Biltong hunter who didn't want to pay the Trophy fee, so some crazy bugger hung it on the fence !

What 36in left on the Fence.JPG

It was 36in long on the long horn !!

I know thatplace
Im good friends with operator there
Some of the biggest waterbuck ive ever seen in that area
Contact me and i will take you for bushbuck amd waterbuck there
Massive trophies

I was hunting Bushbuck along the Limpopo & on the fence around where I was staying was this head, shot by a Biltong hunter who didn't want to pay the Trophy fee, so some crazy bugger hung it on the fence !

View attachment 505653

It was 36in long on the long horn !!
I've hunted this property before as well. BIG Waterbuck there! I shot a 30" waterbuck, very nice old bushbuck ram and crocodile there in 2017. Dang, it doesn't seem like it was that long ago.

Waterbuck 3.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow @jasyblood that is a very very nice Bull, I saw a few nice ones there & one like yours on the Botos side.

Your bull is most definitely a shooter !

Wow @jasyblood that is a very very nice Bull, I saw a few nice ones there & one like yours on the Botos side.

Your bull is most definitely a shooter !
Early in the morning on the same day I shot this bull, there was bull crossing over from Bots that was bigger than the one I ultimately shot. It spotted us before it got to the SA side and headed back to Botswana.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JosefaShro

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.