Do you have any hunting "goals"?

im very young so i have loots of hunting goals:D
1.become a PH,this is my dream:eek:
2. hunt an hyena, i went for 3 safaris in africa and i did not see atleast one ! :(
3. hunt the big five and small five
4.hunt a markor
5.hunt with my dad and granpa in zwitzerland(i live in zwitzerland and you need to be 18 to hunt :mad: )
6. learn to bowhunt
7.shot a cape buffalo on a charge
once all this wil be done i will be very happy:clap::clap:

The next goal is spending ten days in RSA this summer, where I plan to go with a couple of friends, with whom I have hunted before. We ll hunt with and outfitter who is a good friend, I ll see him in two week s time in Madrid, at the FICAAR hunting fair.

I ll hunt with an open mind, and shoot anything interesting which I don t have already. But the real goal is to have a good time among friends.

Next year.....we ll see.

My next goal is to return to SA (with my family again, maybe I can coax my son into taking a Warthog next time ) and take some serious revenge on my lost Gemsbok, after not finding him it was heartbreaking...

Others on the menu Zebra, another Blue Wildebeest (love those things) and a great big Kudu.

I wanted to do a DG hunt for the longest time, but, for my money I will return to Africa for plains game every time, there are just so many of them.

As a father of two young boys (6 and 4) I hope to instill in them the love of not just hunting but of the outdoors. Teach them to slow down and appreciate the small things while they are hunting...i.e.,the sunrise on a frozen day, the antics of the crazy squirrels in the woods, the way a good dog works cover, the smell of autumn. And let them see it's not about the trophy at the end of the day, it's getting to that point. They're hooked on fishing (pun intended) so I'm hoping hunting will take just as easy.

As a personal goal for a specific place to hunt and animal to hunt, I;ll go with the double AAs, Africa and Alaska. Cape buffalo, Leopard, Dall Sheep, Alaskan Moose, and dream as I may an Elephant. throw a big Grizz in the mix as well

Good topic

My goals are strated by dreams, as a young boy my dream was to walk in the footsteps of African greats like Taylor, Selous as well as more modern heroes to me like Richard Harland and Thompson, and although I have hunted most of the countries in Southern Africa and the big 5 many times over all be it with clients, I will most probably never reach my goals.......

As soon as a feeling of achievment or accomplishment comes over me I find another target or small goal that occupy's all my attention, this is true of my day to day life as a hunter.

Simple fact of the matter is that I am restless, I can not wait for what tomorrow will bring, and as to what my next adventure has installed for me, the raw passion and emotion that drives me as a hunter is the same smoke and cancerous growth that folds around me, I am caught up in its grip and there is no escape from it, I simply relish the idea of living another 60 years like this....

My best always.

Pass along my passion for the outdoors to my son and daughter and to always be able to make "the next trip over".

Well said Jaco. Ditto

One goal that is pressing is to finally take my .338 Lapuas virginity! It has a bit of a monkey on its back, I have been saving it for something worthy of its big bang (Elk or bigger) but no luck when I have it along. This May it will have plenty of chances in the Free State and Eastern Cape Im sure!

I would love to hunt West or central Africa someday for bongo, eland etc. Probably wont ever do it for various reasons but it is the dream hunt for me.

I had always wanted to go to Africa and began to plan a hunt last year. A couple of friends have voted for Australia. When I got a look at the buffalo, I decided that was ok with me. Planning to go a a couple of years.
My other goal is helping young people learn ethical hunting. I don't have kids, but I work with a lot of kids and many of them don't have a concept of what hunting is about. A lot of the kids with whom I work have no exposure to the positive aspects of hunting.

I'm not really big on strictly trophy hunting or going for the more rare (and costly!) species... I actually like warthogs, so I'd really like to "collect" African COUNTRIES via warthog kills, but its nigh impossible b/c so many countries (eg Ethiopia, Cameroon) are really set up for indigenous rare species...Oh well...I do want to take feral hogs in most US states where there are huntable populations...

A 60+ Kudu is number one on the list for sure the next would be elephant not to big on tusk size just want the experience then I would really like north American sheep slam something about those sheep just is amazing I have seen them both elk and bear hunting in the states and they have always got me dreaming of one day hunting one or all of them

Lets just say my goal is to be able to afford to hunt. I grew up hunting deer in NM as a kid. we lived in a very small trailer house and some years we couldn't find the gas money to go hunt. When we did go deer hunting I can always remember scouring the public lands looking for deer to shoot. I would always eventually come upon the posted signs on the fence letting me know the guys on the other side of the fence had money to hunt and the amount of animals on the other side always got my blood pumping. I told myself one day I would make it in life and be able to hunt on those $100/gun mule deer areas. I had no idea of just how poor my family was back then. When I went on my first guided hunt 3 years out of college I thoght I was living the high life. Then I started my own business and booked more hunts. Before I knew it I was on my way to Africa. Now I'm hooked on Africa and hooked on hunting as a lifestyle "need". My goal is simply. I would like to be able to continue to afford to hunt all the animals of my hearts desire. I don't come from money and everything I have I earned the hard way. As of now business is good and the possibilities seem endless but nothing is every for certain.

So here's to the dream and the dream of passing on my experiences to my children.

Tony

Tony, that is very sincere post. I totally understand where you are coming from. I have never taken anything for granted in life. And when good things happen...I still feel very blessed. When bad things happen, I try not to get too down about it.

Well tony that all make sense to me now.I have seen you get bashed on the other site and I may have even taken a jab at you.I was once in your shoes and did as I wanted.Then business went bad know I am working my way back up again.I can tell you mean no harm and have helped a few people live there dreams with things you have done for them.I must say you do seem to treat your friends fair.Just some friendly advice maybe as you tell us about your great hunts just leave the dollar amounts out.Good luck on your future hunts and who knows one day we may meet up and share some stories.I have seen your pic's so beating your secret elk hunting spot in new mexico is out but maybe there is a way to get them out of you over a drink.Like were that monster unit 34 bull lives would be nice. I just hope to keep sharing all i can with my son.My dream is to take my son on a sable or roan hunt.Then I will live my dreams through my boy.Hope to this year get my son a elk deer and pronghorn tag in new mexico and have fun.

billc, u said leave the dollar amounts? i have never thot about that. maybe thats why people get offended by some of my posts. its never once crossed my mind but i will absolutely have to do that. as for your son just apply him for unit 34 youth elk and please call if you draw. i will take him and smash a giant. that hunts timing is perfect. just dont offer me money. i just like hunting and people dont get that. however if you draw rifle the hunt kinda sucks and i will only help with a brief scouting trip and advice on where they are. that hunt blows but u can still get nice bulls.

I would have to agree with billc, don't list money costs...I have a lot of respect for your honesty. People are jealous lot. It's best to keep it private.

I like reading about your adventures!

Tap as long as the passion is there you'll hunt if not you won't money makes the world go round but there are good African hunts being sold on auctions for $500. Where there is a will there's a way......

As always only my best.

Thats why I brought up that fact.I think you were just saying the amount as part of your storys without thinking.When i read your post here and thought I would say something.Just remember how you felt seeing the deer on the other side of the fence and could not shoot them because of not having the money to hunt private ground.Thats how alot of guys were feeling reading your post and got jealous for sure.Most guys look at all the hunting you do at places they dream about but never will get to do just because they can not afford it.Know whats up with helping my kid if he draws but limited help for the old man if I draw.Your lucky your that big or we would have trouble.LOL I am doing unit 13 first choice as I just love that unit but thinking about 34 and 15 as second and third for him.Either way what ever unit we may draw would like to meet up one night think it would be a blast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasS111

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!