- Last Activity:
- Jul 27, 2015 at 7:10 PM
- May 2, 2011
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
- Home Page:
Share This Page
If my wife really rocked she would have written "My" wife rocks instead of "your" lol Jan 7, 2015
- Diamondhitch was last seen:
- Viewing thread Interesting, and some good stats for the anti-gun nuts, Jul 27, 2015 at 7:10 PM
- Home Page:
- State/Province of residence:
- Country of residence:
- How did you find AfricaHunting.com?:
- Web search
- About You:
- Despite coming back empty handed more often than not, I have never had an unsuccessful hunt.
- I am a:
- Member of:
- Have you hunted in Africa?:
- Number of times I have hunted in Africa:
- Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM, TX) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan, Czech Republic
- Species I have hunted in Africa:
- Nyala, Limpopo Bushbuck, Waterbuck, Impala, Warthog, Cape Kudu, South African Springbok, Black Springbok, Copper Springbok, Vaal Rhebok, Burchell Zebra, Blue Wildebeest, Black Wildebeest, Steinbok, Cape Eland, Blesbok, Mountain Reedbuck, Red Hartebeest,
- My best African Trophy:
- Vaal Rhebok 8 3/4" in the Eastern Cape
- My favorite African trophies:
- Warthog, Bushbuck, Kudu, Steinbok, Vaal Rhebok
- My preferred weapon(s):
.257 Wby mag.
.338 Lapua mag. (for those times when my shoulder needs tenderizing)
- What weapon(s) do you hunt with?:
- My preferred optic(s):
Leopold (After hunting and guiding hunters extensively on horseback, which in my experience is the toughest test a scope can get, only Leopold, Swarovski, and high end Burris scopes proved that they were head and shoulders above the competition in holding a zero)
As for binos and spotting scopes Swarovski has served me well. Steiner predator is my favorite choice for those more budget conscious early years of my hunting career.
- Gear I cannot live without:
- My horses!!! LOL, Badlands packs, Irish setter boots, My sheepherder tent, .257 Wby., Leica rangefinder, and on and on and on. Oh and how can I forget my coleman heater for those cold november days in a SK deer blind!
- My best hunting tip:
- Hunt all day, every day. Many of my best trophies and most memorable experiences have happened during mid-day or on 'poor' hunting days.
- My other interests:
- Training horses, Taxidermy, Dreaming of Africa!!!
SignatureWhatever doesn't kill me... better start running.