ZIMBABWE: Has Anyone Hunted With African Sky Safari's In Zimbabwe?

Delta5Cav

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, Several local Sporting Clubs
Hunted
New Brunswick. South Africa, Namibia, Texas, Oklahoma
Has on the anyone on the forum, hunted in Zimbabwe With African Sky or can anyone recommend an outfitter there that hunts buffalo?
Thanks in advance,
James Hoffman

I hunted buffalo in Zim in 2015 with John Sharp Safaris (http://www.john-sharp-safaris.com/). The hunt was on the Bubye Valley Conservancy, which is 880,000 acres. You'll see lots of everything there, including all of the Big 5. Flying in and out of Bulawayo is very good too. PM me if you'd like more info.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
I have hunted with African Sky Safaris four times in South Africa and they have been brilliant.

Planning an elephant hunt in Namibia with them in 2018 and I have full confidence they will deliver as usual.

It's all about the PH and concessions... no complaints thus far.

Whoever you book enjoy your hunt!

Ado

I have hunted with African Sky on two occasions and in fact took my Cape buffalo with them. No problems on either hunt.
My hunts were in South Africa.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the responses. I have no doubt that whoever I book with, I will have a great time.

Hi Delta 5Cav,

Desfountain and Jones. Ltd. is a great outfit and does hunt buffalo in Zimbabwe along with all of the big 5 and plains game. They have a couple of concessions that are great for buffalo Msaize in the Save Valley also Maninga on the Zambezi Valley escarpment. They usually come to the US for the Dallas SC and the SCI show so you could meet them in person. Check them out and don't be afraid to give them a call or shoot them an email.
Cheers and good luck with your planning!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg