Luederitz

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Germany, Austria, Namibia, Zimbabwe
Dear all, I am planning with a friend of mine a buffalo hunt, our target country is Zimbabwe.
We are looking for a fair hunt, no fenced area, no luxury necessary.

Do you have recommendations for safari operators, who are reliable and offer an affordable safari?

Mbalabala Hunted with them in mataki in 2018. Highly recommend them.

Mokore Safaris. In either the Save valley or Sengwa Research. Have hunted with Neil twice. Excellent

Dear all, I am planning with a friend of mine a buffalo hunt, our target country is Zimbabwe.

Do you have recommendations for safari operators, who are reliable and offer an affordable safari?
Two; Dalton & York and CMS

I hunted with Mbalabala safaris and cannot recommend them more highly. Hunted makuti last year. Check out my report.

Charlton McCsllum Safaris - CMS ( www.cmsafaris.com ). Had a great hunt there last year (see my trip report on my profile) and will be taking off again in a few days to hunt with them again.

You will see multiple trip reports on this site hunting with them, at least 4-5 last year alone.

A new up and coming PH is Dalton McClintock. He operates out of Save and I think Sengwa too. A very capable young man whom I felt comfortable trusting on our buffalo hunt in December 2021 in the Save. We got three buff in 5 days.
As to an area, you will be hard pressed to beat the Save, a very healthy population of herds as well as some very wily dagga boys.

Charlton McCallum Safaris gets my recommendation as well. I had a great Buffalo hunt with them last September in Dande East. My PH also spoke highly of Mbalabala Safaris when I asked about other quality outfitters in country.

I like Buzz and Myles but personally I would contact Len Taylor. He’s back in Harare and as good as they come.

Is Len no longer PHing with CMS in Botswana? Regardless, he has a great reputation.

I never been there but I heard good things About Bushman safari

Is Len no longer PHing with CMS in Botswana? Regardless, he has a great reputation.

Len is back in Harare. He is a registered PH in Zim and Bots. You won’t find better.

@MARTIN PIETERS SAFARIS gets my vote! Had a great time with Martin and team last year in Matetsi. Our group took 3 buffalos

You can find our hunt report here: ZIMBABWE: Triple Buffalo Hunt In Matetsi 5 With MARTIN PIETERS SAFARIS

Just finished a Buff Hunt in Sengwa with Gary Duckworth of Makore Safaris. Simply said, a hunt that dreams are made of, couldn't be any better. Met the also recommended Dalton of Makore, helluva a kid and no doubt a good hunter with a lot of energy. He was Garys apprentice. Sengwa is the coolest place I have ever been in Africa ,complete wilderness.

Gary is a great guy and Sengwa is beautiful. We really enjoyed our time in the Save.

Hunted Sengwa in 2002 with Russ Broom Safaris at the Songo Camp. This was near Lake Kariba. Two buff and a leopard, hyena,kudu, bushbuck and warthog. I second Uplander01 as the coolest place I’ve hunted in Africa!

Gary is a great guy and Sengwa is beautiful. We really enjoyed our time in the Save.

Crap, was thinking about their Save property and typing Sengwa. Sorry for the stupid comment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve722

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.
dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross
FDP wrote on dogcat1's profile.
Hello, did both follow through with their transactions? If not, I'll take a pair