Whitetail Habitat Redone

johnnyblues

AH ambassador
Joined
Jun 13, 2013
Messages
6,903
Reaction score
7,523
Location
Georgia
Media
204
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
13
USA/Canada
1
Mex/S.Amer
1
Hunted
USA, Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
I decided to have my taxidermist fix my best whitetail. A taxidermist I used to use had done this pedestal years ago, after about a year I came home to find the deer was leaning forward. Brought it back to him but it was never done to my liking. The deer was looking upward not straight as I originally had it. I recently met a local taxidermist who helped me with an ibex cape I needed. He offered to fix the deer and while he had it there he felt the habitat could look nicer. I gave him a free hand and the end result is very nice. Deer is now mounted properly and he has a 100 year old piece of wood behind it. Nice job. First picture is before and the second is current. Guess the pictures came up reversed. Sorry

9C4D8176-50AB-4249-92FD-03C81764939A.jpeg
777E84F5-C38E-4AEA-B9CA-8B3C6AE5374D.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good John! I like the snow/frost on his muzzle and antlers
 
Nice work!
 
How unusual! Ive never seen one with a snow dusting! Very nice idea! The habitat looks quite appropriate for a snow dusting too.
 
I decided to have my taxidermist fix my best whitetail. A taxidermist I used to use had done this pedestal years ago, after about a year I came home to find the deer was leaning forward. Brought it back to him but it was never done to my liking. The deer was looking upward not straight as I originally had it. I recently met a local taxidermist who helped me with an ibex cape I needed. He offered to fix the deer and while he had it there he felt the habitat could look nicer. I gave him a free hand and the end result is very nice. Deer is now mounted properly and he has a 100 year old piece of wood behind it. Nice job. First picture is before and the second is current. Guess the pictures came up reversed. Sorry

View attachment 207003 View attachment 207004

Very impressive!
 
Very nice! Where is the whitetail from? Which state?
 
Thanks bud.. He was taken in British Columbia.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,246
Messages
1,569,448
Members
168,710
Latest member
lovecreativemarketingusa
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top