What 375 H & H rifle would you Purchase and Why

Hey, Ed and Steve: What are the iron sights like on the Blaser? Is the pip too big like on the Sakos, covering a buffalo chest at fifty metres? Or are they more precise, able to make an accurate shot at 100m or 120m on a buffalo?

I did practice with the open sights but not extensively.
My sight picture was putting the gold bead in the "v" so the bead was just fully visible.
I used standard high power targets at 100 yards and did not find that the bead was overly large.
I found the sight perfectly zeroed out of the box at 100 yards; I am guessing that the zero was probably really 100M.
The sights can possibly snag on brush but I didn't find it a problem in practice.
These are the best open sights on any hunting rifle that I own; very sturdy and you won't hurt them.
I also had some peace of mind knowing I had great open sights in case some sort of disaster occurred with my scope.

Here are the pictures of the sights on my .375 H&H Mag barrel:
IMG_3911cs.jpg

IMG_3912cs.jpg

IMG_3914cs.jpg

Last edited:
Mauser. Nothing else needs saying.
_20190612_132307.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
v9bettel

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois