WANTED: Buffalo Hunt 2018

Hi Aaron
Buffalo hunts are tricky to price.
If you're just looking for a buff hunt. There are 5 day buff hunts for $ 8000-$10 000.

If you're looking for 7 day experience on 60 square miles where you're going to pass up bulls daily and take a 38-40" hard bossed bull.
You're looking at $13 500 or $ 14 500 for 10 days.
No additional costs or taxes
26 additional species in the area .
If you're interested in discussing some options please don't hesitate to contact me.

That is really good information. That gives some "bookends", on what one might expect when kicking tires for a buffalo hunt. Thank you for your insite.

That is really good information. That gives some "bookends", on what one might expect when kicking tires for a buffalo hunt. Thank you for your insite.

I've only hunted Buffalo once but here is my take for you to consider, especially since one reply was quite "expensive". Africa is going out of business. Beautiful pristine areas are shrinking, hunting is being banned in some areas and remote camp hunts are going up, not down in price.

In 30 years RSA will welcome you and there will be buffalo to hunt. Don't worry about the 5-7 day $10,000 hunts. They are relatively safe and lasting.

But a true wild buffalo hunt in the caprivi or on the Zambezi, that is a fleeting thing. The "expensive" part is you are buying an experience and you are buying the extreme logistics of getting you and your camp to that untouched place. If you have the means, buy the hunt, not the buffalo. You can kill buffalo in perpetuity but you will not hunt wilderness buffalo forever with the bellow of a hippo, the roar of a lion, stars brighter than you've ever seen and majestic nature for much longer.

Eventually the beautiful places go photo safari, then they go broke, then they can't fund anti poaching and then they become game deserts.

If you can, do the "expensive" trip as it's something our grandchildren may not be able to buy at any price. Your stories and pictures may be all that remains in 30 years of these treasures.

I'd also add that "expensive" hunts usually Net our PHs not a penny more than an inexpensive hunt. Those higher costs are logistical, staff, fuel and fees passed on to the customer. Do not feel that more expensive hunts are creating a windfall, they are usually priced with the same profit margins as the $10,000 hunt, often they are at less profit margin.

Very well put

I've only hunted Buffalo once but here is my take for you to consider, especially since one reply was quite "expensive". Africa is going out of business. Beautiful pristine areas are shrinking, hunting is being banned in some areas and remote camp hunts are going up, not down in price.

In 30 years RSA will welcome you and there will be buffalo to hunt. Don't worry about the 5-7 day $10,000 hunts. They are relatively safe and lasting.

But a true wild buffalo hunt in the caprivi or on the Zambezi, that is a fleeting thing. The "expensive" part is you are buying an experience and you are buying the extreme logistics of getting you and your camp to that untouched place. If you have the means, buy the hunt, not the buffalo. You can kill buffalo in perpetuity but you will not hunt wilderness buffalo forever with the bellow of a hippo, the roar of a lion, stars brighter than you've ever seen and majestic nature for much longer.

Eventually the beautiful places go photo safari, then they go broke, then they can't fund anti poaching and then they become game deserts.

If you can, do the "expensive" trip as it's something our grandchildren may not be able to buy at any price. Your stories and pictures may be all that remains in 30 years of these treasures.

I'd also add that "expensive" hunts usually Net our PHs not a penny more than an inexpensive hunt. Those higher costs are logistical, staff, fuel and fees passed on to the customer. Do not feel that more expensive hunts are creating a windfall, they are usually priced with the same profit margins as the $10,000 hunt, often they are at less profit margin.

Well said! While we are not wealthy people by any means, we are more than willing to pay a premium for the experience, not for luxury! This would likely be the only buffalo hunt I would go on, so I want to do it right!

That said, I thought before my first plains game hunt, that it would be my only trip to Africa.

Well said! While we are not wealthy people by any means, we are more than willing to pay a premium for the experience, not for luxury! This would likely be the only buffalo hunt I would go on, so I want to do it right!

That said, I thought before my first plains game hunt, that it would be my only trip to Africa.

With your attitude and the costs involved, you need to go to Zim, Zam, Moz or Caprivi.

You need to pick your second and third animals.

A buff-hippo-croc 14 day in the valley. A buff-sable in Moz. A tuskless and a buffalo on the strip. Lots of options at the price you are willing to pay as these are things you may only get to do once.

With your attitude and the costs involved, you need to go to Zim, Zam, Moz or Caprivi.

You need to pick your second and third animals.

A buff-hippo-croc 14 day in the valley. A buff-sable in Moz. A tuskless and a buffalo on the strip. Lots of options at the price you are willing to pay as these are things you may only get to do once.

Buff Jackel baboon will fit the budget nicely!

Yep.... good bull. However, don't want to cheapen experience for others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.