Victoria Falls After hunt tour

HerbJohnson

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
I am planning a Cape Buffalo hunt for next spring. My wife a patient observer and very excited for me but...would like to end this trip to Africa with a tour of Victoria Falls. 3 days roughly if that is sufficient. Would any of you suggest one tour operator over another? We previously toured Phalabora ...Thorny Bush. Were able to see the Big 7 up close and personal. l figured Vic Falls a no brainer for this trip. Your input invaluable. Thank you!

Tsala Safaris could arrange a hunt and a trip to Victoria falls for you!

We stayed at the Stanley & Livingston. Can’t recommend it highly enough!

Do a dinner cruise and
Flight seeing tour. Have lunch at the Vic Falls hotel. A gin and tonic on the terrace is a must do.

3 days is more than enough. Take in the falls. High tea at the Victoria Falls Hotel. Lunch at The Lookout Cafe. Snatched an invite to the Victoria Falls Boat Club last time there. Enjoyed dinner there. The Portuguese chicken was outstanding. Shopping can be an adventure in the curio markets. You’ll love it or hate it.

Lunch on the patio of the Lake Victoria Hotel is a must do, sunset cruise, look for one with fewer people, some have 50-60 people, those are not as good.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions! I have a year to sort it all out. I decided to start early this time! All further suggestions appreciated as well. No better audience with such vetted, extensive experience than AH.com!

We have done the Vic Falls thing twice, once the wife and I with Hwange thrown in the other with the kids and grandkids. Both times I used some local people from the Falls who are in the travel business.

Chris and Liz Worden Foot Steps of Livingstone

The Hotel for a stay but at a minimum lunch or high tea. Lookout Cafe, sunset cruise, helicopter tour

Did Vic Falls last year between hunts. Spectacular ! Vic Falls hotel has an evening buffet with live native show that's great. Lookout restaurant on gorge great view & food for lunch. Get "double " entry visa for Zim if planning to cross into Zambia. Otherwise when leaving Zim you have to get in secondary line and have a 2nd visa issued. Save $ and time by getting double entry visa on way in.

I am planning a Cape Buffalo hunt for next spring. My wife a patient observer and very excited for me but...would like to end this trip to Africa with a tour of Victoria Falls. 3 days roughly if that is sufficient. Would any of you suggest one tour operator over another? We previously toured Phalabora ...Thorny Bush. Were able to see the Big 7 up close and personal. l figured Vic Falls a no brainer for this trip. Your input invaluable. Thank you!
Yes, Vic Falls is well worth seeing. We stayed nearby at A'Zambezi, which was a very nice place. We also took a day from there to tour Chobe National Park. That's a good way to see local wildlife.

I would also recommend heading to Chobe, the evening boat ride to see the elephants is spectacular. Of course, afterwards your wife will forbid you from ever huntng elephant.

A pleasure to have such an audience to help me prep for our upcoming Adventure! If there is a particular tour operator, you'd recommend, please do. +Thank you ALL for your input! Cheers! Herb

The Victoria Falls Hotel is by far the most iconic of the local establishments and a must if you are interested in the authentic history of the Falls. Perhaps enjoy a high meal in the formal restaurant one evening and then the African vibe at the outside restaurant. They have a great shop too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northerngos

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.