Typos

Pheroze

AH ambassador
Joined
Jul 6, 2013
Messages
5,576
Reaction score
9,994
Location
Ontario
Media
100
Articles
32
Hunting reports
Africa
2
USA/Canada
6
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
Alright, I know that I probably hold the AH award for typos, but has anyone noticed an increase in sloppy editing in the media? I saw a BBC article that was ridiculous, and I wish I had screen shot it. But this is another example

IMG_0149.png


Is “fundung” a German-American spelling? Is this part of a diversity initiative?
 
With some of the rulings lately I believe “dung” is appropriate!
 
It is rampant. I read a lot of news daily updates every morning. These are from established sources like Axios, Politico, etc. I’m now seeing typos almost every day. You would think they would be decreasing as grammar and spelling checks improve with AI but it seems to be the opposite.
 
People still read these articles? I'm guessing they know their views are at best in the triple digits, so they don't waste time editing.
 
Alright, I know that I probably hold the AH award for typos, but has anyone noticed an increase in sloppy editing in the media? I saw a BBC article that was ridiculous, and I wish I had screen shot it. But this is another example

View attachment 777086

Is “fundung” a German-American spelling? Is this part of a diversity initiative?
Fundung = 3 days of constipation followed by a
young-man-feels-uncomfortable-in-his-stomach-and-c-2025-10-08-08-19-58-utc.jpg
Penzoil enema. "Ooooh YEAAAH!"
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,379
Messages
1,574,576
Members
170,064
Latest member
JulietBuss
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top