Travel to RSA on United Airlines ammo question

While we are discussing ammo boxes and locks, does it have to be a TSA lock or can you use normal Master Lock type padlocks? If it is flying separately on Airlink, I'd prefer a more secure lock.
Your gun case must be a non-TSA lock. Your ammo case can be any lock. TSA is only applicable in US, but there are no requirements for locking ammo within the US.

Nine trips to RSA, multiple USA trips, I use a Pelican 1200 and these locks. Departing, I leave the locks open and more than once on arrival, the locks were closed and there was an inspection card in the case. IMHO, TSA locks just make one feel like their doing something to secure their goods. YMMV.

IMG_20240428_152314863_HDR.jpg

Since the only place you need TSA locks are here in the US that is what I put on my ammo case that's in my checked bag. And once in SA when I remove the ammo box from my checked bag I know that it is locked.

Jim, TSA locks aren't required.
From the TSA regs, website:

Only the passenger should retain the key or combination to the lock unless TSA personnel request the key to open the firearm container to ensure compliance with TSA regulations. You may use any brand or type of lock to secure your firearm case, including TSA-recognized locks.

Jim, TSA locks aren't required.
From the TSA regs, website:

Only the passenger should retain the key or combination to the lock unless TSA personnel request the key to open the firearm container to ensure compliance with TSA regulations. You may use any brand or type of lock to secure your firearm case, including TSA-recognized locks.
I was just saying to use the TSA lock on the ammo box. Then if they do a inspection you are not being called down to their office.

I agree on the rifle case, non TSA locks and only you have the key or combo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaida88net

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.