TANZANIA: Has Anyone Hunted With Luke Samaras Safaris?

WilhelmM

AH veteran
Reaction score
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
SA
Not asking anything specific. Just wanted to know if anyone's hunted with him considering that he's a very famous outfitter.

IvW

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASA, CHASA
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Namibia,Zambia
One of the best......old time hunter

WilhelmM

AH veteran
Reaction score
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
SA
One of the best......old time hunter
Bet you took some good elephant bulls with him. I heard his company is still fully operating which is amazing considering his age.

Safari1

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Luke Samaras has been witness to 2 elephant booms and 2 busts during his long career in the Selous.

WilhelmM

AH veteran
Reaction score
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
SA
Luke Samaras has been witness to 2 elephant booms and 2 busts during his long career in the Selous.
I heard that a new outfit called Heritage Safaris is in partnership with his company and has access to his hunting blocks.

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england
I heard that a new outfit called Heritage Safaris is in partnership with his company and has access to his hunting blocks.

Yup. And Luke's company was the first one I hunted with and first experience of Africa back in 1989...30 day hunt in the selous...paddy curtis aka bloodnut was one of the ph then.. he hunted with my brothers friend who had organised the hunt through Paul Robert's...my brother was my observer and the late alister gellatly was my ph, and paddy is still hunting with Luke and heritage too this day...see Luke and Jane at sci every year...paddy took some good buff with clients last year...not long before we went out luke had been injured in I think a car accident so didnt do the hunt

Pole Pole

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted with him in 2017 the year before he had to move his camp because of the lake construction. Truly a pleasure hunting with him. If you book with him and asked if you like to eat game be prepared to eat game the entire hunt. I opted for game not knowing it would be all game. Glad I did. Ate a buffalo from one end to the other: oxtail soup, steaks, soup finishing with tounge. A truly great experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alfreduphow

Latest profile posts

NTH wrote on JimT's profile.
Hey Jim, I read that you’re from Dequincey and just returned from Africa. I’m from Lake Charles and went there in April. What outfitter did you use and would you share your experience and pics? I won our trip to Kuche through DU.
gprippers wrote on SAFARIKIDD's profile.
Hello! Nice rifle! I have IDENTICAL rifle in 375 H&H so i was wondering what gunsmith did the work on it? Appreciate it and if you decide there is anything you are willing to take in partial trade, let me know. I have quite a few pistols, long guns and sxs & o/u shotguns as well.

Let me know if you are looking for anything in particular.

Thanks,
Rob
Bearhunter46 wrote on Philip Glass's profile.
Philip, do you still have the 416 for sale?
NTH wrote on Rick HOlbert's profile.
Nice “meeting” you Rick. I made my first trip to S. Africa this year through Kuche Safaris. We had an incredible time. What outfitter do you use? Neal
LIFE-FORM TAXIDERMY World Leader In Superior Taxidermy Since 1981

taxidermy-south-africa.jpg