Taking Rifles to SA

swashington

AH enthusiast
Joined
Feb 13, 2024
Messages
271
Reaction score
482
Location
Florida
Media
6
Hunting reports
Africa
1
My fiance and I will be heading to SA next year. If we both take one rifle can we share a case or do we need to bring them in separate cases?
 
You can do whatever you like.
2-3-4 to a case no problem as long as it's an airline approved case.
 
Your good with one case, two 4457's one for each rifle. One in your name and the other in hers.

And I'd recommend a pre approved SAPs 520
 
I also believe you are good with one case but you can always Contact Henry atRiflepermits.com @riflepermits.com he is the man with answers

 
When it comes to the legalities of importing rifles and doing other things in a different country there are no dumb questions
 
So no limit on the number of guns - as long as in an airline approved case, and doesn't go over weight limit? Is weight limit 45lbs?
 
So no limit on the number of guns - as long as in an airline approved case, and doesn't go over weight limit? Is weight limit 45lbs?
23kgs is the maximum as far as I remember
 
I will share what I witnessed as I waited to clear my rifles behind 2 guys that shared the same case in 2022.
The hunters (not same last name) explained that they were "sharing" a case. CBP asked who owned the case. One of them said he did and then the agents wanted to know where the other guys case was. Something about they couldn't be shared and only the case owner is suppose to know or have the keys to open it.
CBP cleared them after a tongue lashing.

No idea who was right or wrong but the on duty CBP agents seemed to think they were in the right.
 
Put both guns on one 4457 under 1 name , to my knowledge they never check who actually owns the guns just make sure the serial numbers are correct. But the last time I took rifles was 2021 and things change.
 
Put both guns on one 4457 under 1 name , to my knowledge they never check who actually owns the guns just make sure the serial numbers are correct. But the last time I took rifles was 2021 and things change.
That would possibly work as long as they don't shoot the same cartridge
 
For anyone interested, I checked Delta's luggage limit - 50 lb and 62 linear inches (length + width + height)
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,364
Members
169,543
Latest member
BarneyBroc
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top