Specifying a double rifle

View attachment 575097

View attachment 575098

The new Rigby boxlock...in the white.. .500NE..?

So the Heym 89 and this new Rigby (and Westley Richards boxlock..) are basically remakes of the pre-WW2 Webley long bar actioned boxlocks, albeit with modern barrel steel to cope with modern harder bullets..? I wonder what the Rigby will cost compared to Heyms 89..?


WR will not even quote a starting price..

Looks like the same rifle as the one Tintin posted the photos of; albeit in the white.
I’m guessing at double the price of a heym
 
Looks like the same rifle as the one Tintin posted the photos of; albeit in the white.
I’m guessing at double the price of a heym

Does look to be the same rifle. Starting price here is AU$80,000.
 
Does look to be the same rifle. Starting price here is AU$80,000.
Thanks, Yes it looked it to me too.
That would be about double a similarly spec'd Heym then and a similar wait time for it.
 
May sound a bit odd, but i would always would want to have an extra Shotgun barrel.

Loved that about my Krieghoff Classic and always keep kicking myself for selling it.
 
No problems at all for me. I much prefer a splinter forend to a beavertail of any sorts. After a couple of shots the barrels heat up, but a cheap pair of gloves in my range bag sorts that out in no time. The barrels are 26" and nicely tapered, so the balance is superb. As the stock was made to my dimensions, the rifle fits like a glove and it is a pleasure to shoot. Because it's a .450, I asked that it be made on a .450/400 frame, so it's a neat package at just over 10 pounds.
I prefer the splinter fore ends . Look more traditional and easy to control barrels when shooting . In a hunting situation I have never really noticed the barrels getting hot . But then again I never hear the bang or feel the recoil . Just total focus on the shot .
 
Thanks all for the responses I’ve placed an order now and eagerly looking forward to the build process.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,374
Messages
1,574,460
Members
170,045
Latest member
arlesahe1976
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top