SOUTH AFRICA: Father & Son Hunt With Monate 2017

Thanks for sharing your hunt with us Gert.

I trust that momentum ballast helps shooting the 404. :)

Yes, Wayne, but even a hunter with fewer layers of fat around his body can shoot my 404 Jeffery accurately and not even feel recoil...(y)(y)(y):LOL::LOL::LOL:

Straight question: Where does this throat slitting come from?

Wayne, we learned this from our fathers when hunted with them as young boys. That was the first thing you as a hunter needed to do when you get to the animal you shot. I always remove the intestines as well after slitting the two large arteries on both sides of the neck...when the blood drained sufficiently I open up the animal and remove the intestines since if you leave it and the animal is loaded on the vehicle , driving around while the animal is lying on the back of the vehicle in the sun it started to get bloated..the gasses spoils the meat...I do slit all domesticated animals I shot and slaughter as well..from a cow to a pig and the sheep receive the same treatment...(y)(y)

Congrats Gert, seems like you all had a great time.

Thanks for sharing.

Well done all around Gert! Thanks for the report!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swizbills

Latest profile posts

Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]