Some "cull hunt" questions.....

Right,,,Give that man a Cigar...with what game Chris has on his property and what he has available. he can offer some custom Hunts..I took my Kudu across the road from Chris place not a Massive Bull but those guys are hard to Hunt and Damn near Invisible Got him in the late afternoon as he was escorting his Ladies back from the water hole, it was the only shot I had at a Kudu for the week
 
Last edited:
I know the spot well. Same general place I picked up my Kudu.
 
I made my first trip to Africa last year for a cull hunt with 3 friends. We hunted zebra,wildebeest,hartebeest,oryx and several bakkie loads of warthog.
It was excellent value,two of the lads are going back to the same place. I am going back to Namibia again but somewhere else simply for different scenery. We hunted Savannah last year and I am after some more mountainous land. Again it is inclusive,a daily rate and a charge for individual animals,jackal and baboon are free. So it's easy to set a budget.
On the cull hunt last year and this year the animals to be shot are selected and identified by the PH to the shooter.

image.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sika98K are you hunting with kalaharihunting safaris in Namibia ? I have been looking at their website and seen that you could shoot baboons and jackals for free . I am looking to book a hunt with them for the spring of 2017.
 
@ Albertaguy. No,but they were on the short list. several of my friends have hunted with various outfits in Namibia. They have had no negative comments.
I suppose it boils down to what you want to hunt,where you want to hunt and how deep your pockets are .
My set of circumstances are that I simply enjoy hunting. As I am reaching that age of life where my body is beginning to grumble with the requests put upon it by my brain I will try to do as much as possible.
 
Thanks Sika98K have a great time on your hunt and post some pics when you are done !
 
At Kowas Hunting Safaris we offer "Management" hunts rather than "cull" hunts since we don't really see it as the same thing... Culling is more of a numbers game to get your herd numbers down, where a management hunt is about selective removal of inferior animals that we would not want in our herds. All hunts are done just as any regular trophy hunt on a fair-chase, walk & stalk method. All shots are in the vital area, and NOT in the head/neck area with whatever caliber you want to bring along or hire from us.

We mainly target species that are of old age, broken horns or bad genetics whether they are male or female... In most cases, they are males.

It gives the client the opportunity to still experience the thrill of the chase without paying an arm & a leg. However, you are not allowed to export any of the heads or skins. And the nice thing about it, some clients combine these management hunts with a trophy hunt as well. For example, an eland would be on the trophy list and while we're in search of an eland we may run into some management animals that we would take.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My first management hunt was in South Atrica (Eastern Cape). I took a total of seven animals including a Rowland Ward class Blesbok and an SCI bronze medal Blue Wildebeest...

Last year my friends and I booked a management / trophy hunt. Two of us took trophy class warthog and my friend took a Rowland Ward class common duiker as a 'cull' animal.

On this trip I took a blesbok with a broken leg and an old impala ewe that my PH claimed would not have made next year. This sits very well with me, because in the UK I hunt deer / manage pieces of ground with the long term health of the local populations in mind. It's very easy to justify too and offers good value for money. While none of us could have ever expected trophy class animals as part of a cull / management trip, we were fortunate to take them.

So I agree with the above, the best, most cost effective hunts are a combination of trophy and management package IMHO. And with cull warthogs running at £80 ($120) and cull impala and blesbok at £100 ($150) each you can pull the trigger more often.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,348
Messages
1,573,671
Members
169,814
Latest member
TREChara7
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top