Sighting in Question Shooting Leopards & Crocs

That's my issue. I want to keep my gun at 1.5 high to shoot bait.
A Tanzanian PH was just mauled by a wounded leopard yesterday. Please sight in for 100 and then dial up to 1.5" high of your bait shots are far. The DG animal is where the emphasis should be!
 
Thanks guys for all the information. I've been to Africa 3 times. The longest shot I've taken on a Gemsbuck was about 250 yards. Where I'm hunting in Zambia I won't be shooting that far.

I'm just going to zero both at 100 yards dead on and call it a day. Of course for the leopard Ill take a few shots before we head to the blind.

Thanks!
 
Thanks guys for all the information. I've been to Africa 3 times. The longest shot I've taken on a Gemsbuck was about 250 yards. Where I'm hunting in Zambia I won't be shooting that far.

I'm just going to zero both at 100 yards dead on and call it a day. Of course for the leopard Ill take a few shots before we head to the blind.

Thanks!
Sound plan.
which area are you hunting?
 
Safe travels and may the force (and good shooting) be with you.
 
I zeroed mine for distance at lunch after building blind, took one shot and a couple clicks down and was good
 
I’m zeroed at 100 for croc. I’m maybe 2 inches low at 200 so I can still hold dead on with most large plains game if I need to take a shot that far .
 
If possible we will always have a hunter take a shot or two at the exact distance. Builds confidence in hunter and PH.

Lon
 
For most African hunting 100 zero is good to go and you should know where the rifle shoots at 150 or 200 to comoensate....for leopard an experienced PH will have you take a few shots at the exact distance you will be shooting from the blind to bait....just the way it is
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,355
Messages
1,574,022
Members
169,884
Latest member
PamalaHust
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top