Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
GOA
Hunted
South Africa
Howdy AH,

Bit of a newb question for yall. I had my first safari back in May and this morning I woke up to an email from Splitting Image that my taxidermy was nearing completion and to make the final payment.

I could have sworn I had a plan for after this step back in May but life has happened and I have forgotten. Do we need to coordinate our own shipper over in SA or do the bigger taxidermy shops like them work with a specific shipper? I am drawing a blank. I could ask them and I probably will but figured I would get answers from my fellow hunters for right now.

Some shippers I have seen thrown around here on the forum are Badger Cargo and Zingela. Has anyone used them? what was their process and your experience?

I am using coppersmith as a broker in DFW and plan on picking up the crate from them directly.

Thanks in advance

I asked Splitting Image to get me several quotes for my shipment last December. They provided them and I used Badger and I was quite happy with them.

You can also contact shippers directly with the crate dimension and weight for quotes.

Reactions: MTA
I asked Splitting Image to get me several quotes for my shipment last December. They provided them and I used Badger and I was quite happy with them.

You can also contact shippers directly with the crate dimension and weight for quotes.
that was the answer I was looking for, thank you sir!

Shoot them an email and ask, but they will likely have someone they usually work with. You do need to determine your Customs/Receiving agent on the US side and get them in the loop. The Taxi may have several suggestion on who they have worked with in the past.

I had a shipment from Splitting Image a couple of years ago. They used Badger Cargo and it was a good experience. As Shootist~ mentioned, you do still need a way to handle the Customs/USFW/USDA inspections. I've had good luck with Coppersmith.

Thank you for the replies. I am using coppersmith

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JacquieLon

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.