Shipping Insurance

BnC 04

AH legend
Joined
Jan 30, 2011
Messages
2,069
Reaction score
5,070
Location
a Bright Red location in Northern MN
Media
112
Hunting reports
Africa
6
USA/Canada
4
Member of
DSC
Hunted
Canada/Europe/Africa/14 US States
We chose to have our trophies mounted in Africa and are about 30 days out from delivery (USA).
Question I have is if anyone has taken the shippers insurance that is offered or if other insurance has been taken that covers taxidermy while in route to home base?
 
I bought some on my trophys' when they were shipped from Namibia. I can't remember the exact cost but it was less than $100. It might be higher for mounts.
 
I bought some on my trophys' when they were shipped from Namibia. I can't remember the exact cost but it was less than $100. It might be higher for mounts.

Seems like the cost from that end is minute to cover shipping.

I guess the bigger question would be IF anyone that has had a loss during shipment, has seen any monies covered by the insurance bought/provided..??
 
Seems like the cost from that end is minute to cover shipping.

I guess the bigger question would be IF anyone that has had a loss during shipment, has seen any monies covered by the insurance bought/provided..??

Much better question actually.

Ask for an actual copy of the insurance certificate.
That will help you determine if you are being insured or having an "add on" to the bill that is worthless.

I can not imagine a claims procedure for this.
What is a lost mount worth actually? Not your cost outlay I'll bet.
 
Not from personal experience but, the replacement value of the trophy and mount is covered. Not your safari costs but simply the cost of buying one on say ebay, you do not get any safari costs whatsoever. This tends to be far below even the cost of trophy fees.

Like Wayne said, look really closely at what is covered.
 
We chose to have our trophies mounted in Africa and are about 30 days out from delivery (USA).
Question I have is if anyone has taken the shippers insurance that is offered or if other insurance has been taken that covers taxidermy while in route to home base?
How many animals and if you don't mind me asking what was the shipping to the US?
 
That shipment we has 2 lifesized animals lion/impala and 6 large shoulder mounts. If my memory serves me correctly I believe our shipping cost was around $4k.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,338
Messages
1,573,284
Members
169,735
Latest member
UweHurtado
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top